New to this..

Options
Hello,

I'm Sarah, I'm new to MFP. A little bit about me...I am currently in nursing school, only 11 months left! ( I also work as a CNA in a local hospital) I married my best friend on May 4 of this year. I was not the size I wanted to be on my wedding day, but I was still beautiful. We are looking at expanding our family here in the next couple of years and I have heard that child birth is alot easier if you are in shape. I am terrible at making the right food choices and even worse at portion control. I try and walk 2 miles 3-4 days a week, it doesn't always happen. I am currently experiencing excruciating heel pain, which I have chalked up to heel spurs. I am having it looked at this Friday; hope to have some relief. Please feel free to add me and give me any encouragement out there..I need it!

oh p.s. my husband is as skinny as a stick and can eat anything, all day. it's killer to me.

Replies

• jadawimali
    Options
    Hi sarah i'm new to mfp also but have been on my weight loss journey since january, i have hit a plateau and decided to change tack and count calories i have been following slimming world (lost 24lbs). i'm determined the weight is not coming back this time. My husband has always been lighter than me i'm hoping to change that this time lol xx
  • FFswife0504
    Options
    thanks for the add and good luck to you! also, my husband is a firefighter which means he works 24 hour shifts & when he is gone I find it easier to just grab something quick rather than cook for just myself.
  • LouSteven
    LouSteven Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Sarah! Congrats on the nursing school, that's no small feat. (And the marriage, that's no small feat either!) You can do it, MFP definitely works, for me it's just made me more aware of the choices I'm making. :) Good luck!
  • greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • Karenforothers
    Karenforothers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,Sarah
    I'm new here too. My husband is the same way and fortunately our kids have his metabolism. I had my first kid at 25 was in shape and yes it's easer in good health. I never really got the weight off from my first child and it took me 6 years to have my second. I had my last child (7yrs later) at 38 last year at 235lbs was on bed rest the entire time had all kinds of problems but thankfully she was born healthy. I want to be around for them so here I am,got nothing to loose except weight. Lol
    Good luck on your journey ????