After some encouraging and supportive ppl to add!

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
hi all. I have recently become a single mother of 2 beautiful children that mean the world to me. I have also been diagnosed with severe depression which I am finding very hard to deal with during this difficult time in my life. I have found it hard to lose the heaps of excess weight I put on during my pregnancies which has contributed to me getting depression. I would go through vicious cycles of binge eating and then losing a few kilos and then binge eating again putting it all back on. Since being diagnosed with depression I have changed my diet, initially to try and help control it, but a weight loss of over 10kg has been a bonus. I now go thru bouts of having no appetite what so ever to wanting to eat everything in sight. I have been using MFP again to log my food. If im not hungry I force myself to eat and if I want to eat everything I make sure I don't. I know either way it makes my depression worse. Its only early days though I have a long journey ahead of me with beating this. I am after some supportive people that can help encourage, motivate and support me everyday. Some aussies would be great to :-)

Replies

• rachelali1979
    Options
    Hiya hun. It's tough but you sound like you're doing all the right things. I too had difficulty losing my baby weight. Still trying now and my youngest is 2 next week. Keep going, slow and steady wins the race. :-) Here if you want to chat. x
  • vgirl21
    vgirl21 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi! I saw your post and want to let you know you are not alone! So I have been trying to lose weight since I was 13 years old! Sounds weird but yes I have always struggled with my body image. My mom was a single mother who had a full time job with three kids. No healthy meals and fast food most nights of the week. My little sister managed to keep her tiny frame at 108 pounds but I wasn't that lucky. I was tiny and over the years grew heavier, especially in my mid-section. All my life my little sister was considered the "skinny one" in the family. It's hurtful and caused me to have image issues. I often thought about starving myself, or causing myself to be bulimic. But I am very spiritual and couldn't do that to myself because I couldn't let God see my like that. Almost like a big brother watching out for you.

Anyway, at 12 years old and 5'2 in height, I weighed 121 pounds! The pounds just kept on coming! In high school, I weighed my heaviest at 156 pounds. Ugh! I hated looking in the mirror! Over the years I have fluctuated but until recently started dropping the pounds. I myself suffer from depression because it's like a goal that I've never reached and have felt so hopeless. But really my depression is what has kick started me into getting my life on track. I thought to myself, you are 23 years old, get it together! So I joined a weight loss clinic and have been receiving medication to help me in this never-ending journey.

Over the years I have tried ever single dvd I can think of that was related to having success with weight loss. Jillian Michaels, Brazillian Bum Bum, Core Rhythms, Pilates, Yoga, and Jackie Warner. I never stuck with any of them! Until I found one, Tracy Anderson! She is my angel! I suffer from weight gain in my waist so I have always had massive love handles. Though I have been doing Tracy Anderson for maybe three years, it still wasn't enough because I was in that emotional state of binging. I do her Metamorphosis: Continuity: Abcentric dvds. 6 days a week with her dance cardio. It is only an hour long that is all you need!

Tracy is known in Hollywood for getting pregnant celebrities back into shape! Since I have joined the weight loss clinic a month ago, along with Tracy Anderson an hour a day, I have lost 7 pounds! So happy but I am in the place where I too need encouragement and motivation. If I go down hill I don't know what I'll do :(

I love your story and wanted to share mine. Kind of long but hope it helps! I am here and here to stay if you need any advice.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    no words of wisdom i'm afraid, but just want to wish you well,
    sounds like you have had a rough time lately and that can make it super hard to be consistent as emotions really play havoc with diets,

sounds like your making a great effort and logging is really beneficial, keep it up and i hope you find some great support on here to help you through (i am sure you will)

good luck :)
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me if you would like. I am also a busy mom (of 5) and suffer from Fibromyalgia which has depression as a side effect.. so I know how that can go.. I also understand the struggle against medications and weight loss.