Foot Pain!

Options
Does anyone here do Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels? I'm on Week 3 of the video and whenever we do the "Stork Stance with lateral arm lift" <-- (or whatever its called) it KILLS my foot! The one which is bearing all the weight. Am i doing the move wrong? Any ideas how I can deal with this pain? It hurts badly enough in my arches that I can only hold the lift for about 20 of the 30 seconds its done :(

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Shoes on or off?
    Carpet?
    Is your heel down?
    How's your balance while doing the exercise?

My guess would be a balance thing. I know my feet always end up hurting after a bit of one-footed yoga because my balance sucks.
  • Soniaandreia
    Options
    Shoes on or off?
    Carpet?
    Is your heel down?
    How's your balance while doing the exercise?

My guess would be a balance thing. I know my feet always end up hurting after a bit of one-footed yoga because my balance sucks.

shoes on (some new fancy, extra cushioned things that i got specifically for working out because my regular sneakers weren't cutting it and giving me shin splints)
    hardwood floor
    yes, heel down
    balance would be fine, if my foot would just stop acting like a jerk!
  • BradD13
    BradD13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, have you ever had an ankle sprain before? If not then that's probably what it is and the pain's just radiating.

And if you're pretty sure that's not what it is, than I would feel the area surrounding where it hurts most and if it feels like there's fluid there, then you could have fractured a metatarsal, but if it's not too incredibly bad, there's really not much doctors can do for you unless, like I said, it's you have multiple fractures on the same bone.

It could even be a strain on any of the smaller ligaments or extensor tendons in your foot. If it becomes too painful, see a doctor, but I wouldn't be immediately concerned if flexing isn't overly excruciating. I personally use WalkFit to take care of my foot pain. It’s really simple to apply and use and the pain usually goes away after an hour of using it.

But if it's just nerve pain and you haven't actually damaged anything, I'd give WalkFit a try. It's probably one of the only insoles that helped relieve my foot pain when all the other over the counter stuff didn't quite cut it for me. There's an in-depth review of it here: http://reviews.3dsvita.com/walk-fit-platinum-review-is-this-a-scam/

Hang in there!