14 Day Heifer International Challenge

Options
Heifer International was founded over 60 years ago with the goal of ending both hunger and poverty. Instead of sending rice or other non-renewable foods to impoverished countries Heifer sends animals and provides training to the families who recieve them. Cows, chickens, ducks,pigs, llamas, water buffalo, goats, camals, or even fish are given to a family within a village. The family is taught to raise and care for the anaimals and the young are in turn passed on to another family. The food and income from the animals provides nutrition and relief from poverty for generations to come. Heifer International has made a difference in the lives of people in over 120 countries world-wide.

Here is the challenge: Find a cup or something to keep in the kitchen, car, and/or desk. For the next fourteen days, everytime you get the urge to eat something you shouldn't such as fast food, chips, soda, etc., put the money you would have spent on that into your cup, (and eat something healthy, instead.) At the end of the challenge, count the money to see how much you saved by not eating things that are bad for you, and then donate it to Heifer International at www.heifer.org.

Any takers?

Replies

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been eating unhealthily for the last few days (I won't make my choc chunk cookies again unless they're ALL earmarked for someone who doesn't live in my house!), so I guess this challenge has come at a good time for me. Heifer International is a good organization that I've known about for a long time.