What exercise videos do you recommend?

Options
I already have done a few Jillian Michales, and I know about insanity. But thats all I have got. What are some good exercise videos that really get your heart pumping and will get results?

Replies

• jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi there! I can help you find the right video for your goals. I am a beachbody coach (same company as insanity). We have tons of programs! What are your goals? Shoot me an email at jrr07080@yahoo.com. My name is Julie.
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com. It is a exercise video store and you can watch clips of all the videos and read reviews. The videos are also i catagorized according to what you want such as cardio, strength etc. If you want to buy something the same videos are usually cheaper at amazon.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    TurboFire - it's by Beachbody like Insanity but geared more towards women. It's intense cardio & HIIT plus lots of fun! It's a mix of kickboxing, dance , plyo with lots of dynamic squats & lunges with great music. Chalene Johnson is a great instructor - she's encouraging, motivating and explains everything thoroughly. She doesn't waste time either - if you're doing a 30 minute class, you are working out the full 30 minutes except for the HIIT breaks.

On the days that I'm killing it my heart rate is up at 83-86% max burning 400 in 30 minutes for cardio classes or 87%-90% burning 300 in 20 minutes for HIIT classes. I'm in week 5, dropping 6 inches a week average, down 2 shirt sizes and 1 pants size so far. My weight loss is slower than average due to health issues but I've still lost 5 pounds. Plus my endurance feels like it gets better daily.
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Tiffany Rothe workouts on You Tube. They are only 10mins long so you can squeeze them in when short of time or do a few different ones. Mountain Climber is my favorite. I try to do at least 3 a night but sometimes only have time for 1-2 but still feels good to do something when I'm short on time, even if it is only 10 mins, keeps my mind clear also :)
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist on youtube that I really enjoy but this one is insane! Sweating in minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6i02E0hRQM&list=PLekJo-XjNn3pLVS59FsNSO5MyoGb7eFiO&index=4
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I recommend Stronglifts 5x5 available on youtube. :smile:
  • BigBadgerBetty
    BigBadgerBetty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Jessica Smith's YouTube channel. I also have her Cardio Abs DVD. It's not just ab exercises, there is a kickboxing cardio and full-body strength segment. She is encouraging, but not so perky that you want to punch her. She has a great variety of workouts. I also like Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Muscle Definition and Circuit Burn. I love Kelly right now because she doesn't do a lot of things to irritate my injured wrist like push ups, burpees, etc. I know Cathe Friedrich's videos are generally considered some of the toughest. If I can get my wrist healed, I would love to do her STS series. Since it has 41 DVDs, it won't be as repetitive as a Beach Body rotation.

I agree with a previous poster's suggestion to go to Collage Video. What works for me, may not work for you. There is also a tone of free stuff out on YouTube.
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6, Power 90, p90x, well beachbody in general. They have some good stuff but I am more of a Jillian Michaels girl. Body revolution is my current addiction. It all depends on your fitness level as well. Oh also yoga is a great addition to any fitness level. Search youtube and preview your options.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire Or Insanity.