Learning to drink water

Options
bubaluboo
bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
I don't like water...yes I know it's odd but it hits my stomach and makes me feel sick. The only time I can drink it is if I'm really hot and thirsty, like when I'm working out. So is there anything I can do to make the water palatable without compromising on the effect of drinking water?

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You could try doing a search. I've seen other threads with similar questions. I remember people mentioning adding lemon or cucumber to their water, but I don't remember everything that's been suggested.

It was kind of tough for me to get used to at first. I found that if I made it really cold with lots of ice that it was easier to drink. Now I drink water all the time!

Good luck :smile:
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There are tons of add ins you can use to flavor it. Crystal light has liquid's out now, gatorade mix ins, lemon juice, lime juice, any fruit juice in a small amount won't add many calories.
    You don't have to drink plain water. Flavor it up if it helps. Just be careful of anything that has fake sugars in it..... too much could cause headaches and not be good for you.

unsweetened tea (all water)
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    After a while of drinking just plain water (during some medical related issues) i had the same issue where it was just too much and i would feel nauseous. So i started putting a little bit of fruit juice (1/4 of a cup in a liter bottle) just so i could get more flavor. I also like to drink bottled flavored seltzers which are cheap are good for work. I also have plastic refillable bottles from tupperware that i use for the gym/ work when im out of seltzer for either plain water. If i dont feel like plain water i will either use some lemon juice or those drink packet things (crystal light or snapple makes them).
  • marhuny
    marhuny Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried Sobe Life Water? I recommend the "yumberry pomegranate" flavor. They have 0 calories, AND no artificial sweeteners (none of the bad stuff like in diet soda). Watch out, I do think some flavors do have a little sugar, but most do not. They come pretty cheap at costco and target, depending on your location. After drinking one of these a day for a few weeks I found it easier to drink more water and less sugary juices.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    After a while of drinking just plain water (during some medical related issues) i had the same issue where it was just too much and i would feel nauseous. So i started putting a little bit of fruit juice (1/4 of a cup in a liter bottle) just so i could get more flavor. I also like to drink bottled flavored seltzers which are cheap are good for work. I also have plastic refillable bottles from tupperware that i use for the gym/ work when im out of seltzer for either plain water. If i dont feel like plain water i will either use some lemon juice or those drink packet things (crystal light or snapple makes them).

I think it was the fact that I had to drink loads of water when I was young due to a kidney condition that really made me start to dislike it.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions...I'm not sure I can get some of the drinks as I'm in the UK but its good to know that 'water' does not necessarily have to mean plain water :)