Yard pick up after storms

Options
In Mn we had 2 BIG storms come thru. Tree branches etc . I've been cleaning up the yard by picking up the sticks and big leaves . What should i put this under .. Gardening or mowing the lawn. Gardening is when your on your knees isn't it and pulling weeds. well im constantly bending over and picking up this ****... ( this is the 2nd day of this kinda irritated with the weather ) Lol .. mowing is just walking behind the mower and pushing it ... what do you think? Thanks

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I did yard cleanup of a wild area of my property a few weeks ago and logged it under gardening. I sawed down some monster shrubs, raked and collected branches, etc., and know I burned more calories than regular gardening but the site doesn't have a lot of options.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count that as a workout to eat extra cals
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    I wouldn't count that as a workout to eat extra cals

I totally agree with this. If you count every little thing you do to up the calories you can eat you'll just be screwing yourself over. Acknowledge the work you did, pat yourself on the back, and go about your day!
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd wear a HR monitor and track the calories and add the "exercise" to your "My exercise list" As for whether to count it or not is up to you. If you entered your stats as a sedentary person whose only exercise is changing channels on your remote, that could be considered exercise. What your talking about is a good bit of work. Now whether you "eat back" the calories... that is a topic that is seems MFP has a WIDE range of opinions (an opinionated people) to peruse.

Sorry to hear about the storm. Sounds like everyone was ok. Stay blessed!
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you... I will log it as gardening .. I'm glad we only have half acre to clean up! My husband is building the fish house and I'm cleaning up the branches.......Happy the big maples didn't get struck by lightening like some ppl here did. or the straight line winds only broke some branches and not split our trees. Front is done now to the back yard which is bigger LOl... Yep my day is yard work .. I have my settings to stationary so i log this kind of stuff but dont log cleaning.. :) .. Thanks again!