New here - just saying Hi!

Options
Hi all, started using the app on Thursday and only found out the website this evening. Good to come across this forum here.
Been overweight all my life and I'm pure depressed about it the older I get. It was definitely time to do something when recently I had arranged to meet up with friends that I hadn't seen in months and months. Felt so big when I looked in the mirror that I got upset and rang one of my friends and said that I wasn't going to make it and that I felt under the weather. - That shouldn't happen :mad:
I've been in Weight Watchers numerous times and I do great for 2/3 months and then I slowly get back to old habits. Everytime!
So, here I am on this site and hoping I can do it this time. Fingers Crossed! :smile:

Replies

• MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The great thing about MFP is it works with any plan. I am rather new. I am 52 years old. I was once thin and athletic, but am now NOT. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • OhhSoGlamorous
    Options
    Hey guys! Started using the app in January, but didn't get on the message boards until today! I think I'm going to use this more often :)
    Add me if you want to :)
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and best of luck with your fitness goals. We've all been where you are and this time we are determined to win. With the support we get on this site, it certainly makes losing more fun with the help we get from our friends.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is good place to be for support and motivation :happy:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP. I am older than you, 58, and really never had much of a weight problem. I joined after I had already lost some weight and took off the final 13 (before I gained 5 lb back ;-) on MFP. It did get me off my HBP meds though so all good. Welcome everyone good luck and feel free to add me to your friend list if I can help you with your journey:flowerforyou:
  • vkbaby74
    vkbaby74 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome! :flowerforyou: