Banana "Pancakes"

Options

Replies

• PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to develop a fear of quotation marks

IKR? :flowerforyou:

I had to come in just to see what the "pancake" was going to be.

Me three.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Somewhere, huddled in a kitchen corner, there is a banana omelet holding itself, rocking, and crying, because someone called him a pancake. :frown:
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Gonna try these tomorrow morning!! Ya never too old to learn something new!! I love both bananas and eggs and never NEVER would have thought of doing this!!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've made these before. I use one egg, or it tastes like scrambled eggs.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't like bananas and eggs mixed together, but I'm glad other people do.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i love making this!! i like to put a little powdered sugar on them. i recently added cinnamon to them and they were beyond delicious! i eat it all in one sitting.. but thats me. i make like a paper plate sized one. or two halfs. seriously if you havent made this before.. MAKE IT!!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love those pancakes! I made some a while ago with cinnamon & raisins!

Here's how mine turned out:

pancakes2_zps16843bfa.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This has been posted already.

And it will be posted again.

ETA:
    Here's an alternative recipe:

Ingredients
    2 cups buttermilk (or 2 tablespoons vinegar + enough whole milk to equal 2 cups)
    2 small or 1 large ripe banana, or about 1 cup mashed, plus extra for slicing on top of the pancakes
    2 eggs
    3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    2½ cups all-purpose flour
    ¼ cup sugar
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon salt

Instructions
    In a large bowl, add the buttermilk. If using the vinegar plus milk option, let sit for about 10 minutes to allow the milk to turn to buttermilk.
    Whisk the mashed banana, eggs, butter, and vanilla into the buttermilk.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
    Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
    Let batter rest for about 5 minutes.
    Heat a non-stick griddle to 325 degrees or large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter on the cooking surface, spreading it evenly, if desired (or if the griddle/pan is not non-stick). Using a ⅓ cup measure (or an ice cream scoop works as well), pour the batter onto the griddle or into the frying pan. They are ready to flip when they look a little dry around the edges and start to form little bubbles (about a minute). Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and the cooked through.
    Serve topped with sliced bananas, butter, and maple syrup.
  • bonniebuchholz56
    Options
    I made these this morning and they are very good I might add some protein powder to them for added protein..But they where good as is...on my keep list!
  • bonniebuchholz56
    Options
    good good good I will keep it
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I discovered a yummy new recipe for breakfast. Super easy and cheap to make too!

2 whole eggs
    1 banana

(yes, that's all you need!!!)

you can add mix ins too. I used cinnamon and some calorie free sweetener. Nuts, dark chocolate chips or even fresh berries would great too. You can drizzle with a little light syrup too if desired.

Mash banana very well then beat in eggs.

Spray skillet with non stick spray over low-med heat. Pour batter into pan. Cook for about a minute (or until it starts to bubble) then flip. That's it, you're done!

For me, this made about 12 'silver dollar' sized pancakes. That's enough for 2 mornings! Pair with a high protein yogurt and you have great meal.

Per serving (6 silver dollar sized pancakes) 123 calories, 12g carbs, 5g fat, 7g protein and 71g sodium.

I made these before and they ARE yummy!
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely. Will try it!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    if you layer these with wax paper they keep really well the fridge. I make dessert with them sometimes by taking ricotta cheese and flavoring it with some sugar free syrup of my choice and spreading it on the "pancake". Then, roll it up like a sort of canoli, top it with a little cool whip and sliced fresh fruit for garnish and you have a low cal, protein packed dessert!
  • jenalexisg
    jenalexisg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • sharitapita
    sharitapita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was a little leery about the simplicity of the ingredients and if it would even create a pourable consistency. Well, I tried just one banana and two eggs this weekend. They turned out perfect and my daughter loved them. I think I'm going to add apple bits and cinnamon next time. Thank you for posting this quick/easy recipe.
  • SaresMansell
    SaresMansell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do these taste overly egg-y? I'm not a big fan of eggs
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of these. Yuck. :-(
    I'd much rather have pancakes topped with nanners.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I discovered a yummy new recipe for breakfast. Super easy and cheap to make too!

2 whole eggs
    1 banana

(yes, that's all you need!!!)

you can add mix ins too. I used cinnamon and some calorie free sweetener. Nuts, dark chocolate chips or even fresh berries would great too. You can drizzle with a little light syrup too if desired.

Mash banana very well then beat in eggs.

Spray skillet with non stick spray over low-med heat. Pour batter into pan. Cook for about a minute (or until it starts to bubble) then flip. That's it, you're done!

For me, this made about 12 'silver dollar' sized pancakes. That's enough for 2 mornings! Pair with a high protein yogurt and you have great meal.

Per serving (6 silver dollar sized pancakes) 123 calories, 12g carbs, 5g fat, 7g protein and 71g sodium.

Actually, I do this and add 1/2 cup of egg whites, a little vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Cook as an omelette and with 2tbs of almond butter or peanut butter inside :-)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    People are always going to come into these threads and hate.

This recipe is actually really good. I make them all the time, except I add 1/3 cup oats to mine, some vanilla extract, and some ground cinnamon. Sometimes I add chocolate chips, walnuts, or whatever fruit I have on had.

These were mine from Saturday morning...

m227601338.jpg