Exercise after a tattoo?

Options
I've took a while out from proper exercise for a while whilst my exams were going on at college. Exams are over now and I got a tattoo since my birthday was also the day after they ended. I'd love to start exercising again but the tattoo has just started peeling and my priority is to not affect the tattoos healing process. If I was to start exercising, what sort of advice would you give me for minimal effects on my tattoo or should I not risk it? It's on my hip by the way so it's in a place that's likely to rub against where my joggers sit on my hips. :l

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take any chances. Let it heal.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I was told not to do after a tattoo was swimming while it was still healing. Could you do some exercise at home so you can position your joggers lower down so not to sit on your tattoo? Or just find something lose fitting to wear? Even do it in your pants and sports bra in your bedroom :)
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I have four. I'd let it peel. If your clothing rubs off the peeling scab, it can pull out the color and you'll have to get serious touch ups, which sucks over an already healed tattoo.
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Could you not stick some gauze over it so it doesn't rub? I have a few tattoos and I was only told to stay away from swimming. Ones on my foot so I just covered that when exercising
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have large ones on my legs. I put the A&D ointment and did not cover them up. I avoided doing leg exercises while the ink was still fresh. During peeling time; I just put Lubriderm lotion instead of the ointment, that way it didn't feel 'tight'. Let it peel; it's doing what it is suppsed to do.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I took two weeks off after having mine done on my back. The instructions I was given was to let it heal and then start up again.

I wouldnt risk it.