Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Advice please

Benedsmum
Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
I had a baby 9 months ago and really want to lose baby weight plus some. I'm 33 and think my metabolism has ground to a halt. Would really like advice on exercises that I can do at home to help lost tummy too.

Thanks

Any advice would be fab

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    There are no exercises you can do to lose belly fat, you just have to lower your body fat percentage as a whole and you will eventually lose the belly fat. You should incorporate Strength Training into your work outs if you haven't already. Best lifts for a beginner are compound lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, lat pulldowns, bent over rows etc. Strength training is far more important that cardio when it comes to body composition
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    There are no exercises you can do to lose belly fat, you just have to lower your body fat percentage as a whole and you will eventually lose the belly fat.

True you can't spot reduce, but increased core exercises, planks, crunches, etc will help tighten, improve posture, etc and could give the illusion of a flatter tummy. I think that you need to focus on lowering your body fat percentage and dedicate some time daily to core work. Pilates also helps.
  • Benedsmum
    Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
    Could anyone recommend a diet plan or exercise routine that I could follow? I joined the gym but due to hubby's shifts and now school holidays I can't always manage so would like something I could do at home.

Thank you to everyone for their advice so far