Warning: new person XD

Options
Hi everyone!

So for the first time I have decided to actually take getting in shape seriously :D

Never done anything in my life like this but after being hit by a car 2 years ago and it wrecking my knee I have got to admit that I have never been so unfit or out of shape.

Heck I dont even know how much I actually weigh! but my goal is more to tone up than to lose numbers I dont care what the scales say as long as I like the way I look.!

I know it wont be easy especially with my knee and being absolutly flat broke poor but I am hoping that there will be lots of helpful advice that I can learn from people here ^_^

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Welcome:)
    Thanks for sharing a bit! I began in March tracking my weight and inches lost.
    With your knee, walking is a great start. I tweeked my patella tendon awhile back and have had to ease off a bit.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I'm pretty honest with feedback if that is what you need or are looking for.
    I firmly believe if this is going to work, you have to be accountable to yourself and those around you:)

There are also some great exercises you can do around the house with little to no cost for supplies:) There should be some videos on youtube.. :)
    - H
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp ..... Not great on heathly advice accept exercise and calorie counting! :) you are welcome to add me for support and motivation :)
  • jenniferwoodweeg
    jenniferwoodweeg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am new at it too. Started about 2 months ago. Just take it one day at a time! It's been rough but, rewarding! I wanted to lose about 13 pounds. Started at 148(5'7). Last weight 142. But, like you, mostly tone up and look better. I don't see a huge difference so far but, FEEL so much better! Do not give up and if you need a friend for support ur welcome to req me!:)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am so sorry to hear about your knee. I too have some knee problems, though nothing as drastic as being hit by a car!

My advice would be to make an effort to do SOMETHING every day. Some form of exercise. Eating healthy is incredibly important too, and so be sure to log and watch your calories, but I still recommend working out. I've found that when I push myself to break a sweat every day, be it a run, biking, walking, core work or strength, I feel healthier. I'm happier with what I'm doing, and it pushes me to work harder on the other aspects of my lifestyle change.

Good look, and have confidence in yourself! You can do this!
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new, as well.. joined in May. Feel free to add me, as well! I'm a busy mom of 5, a personal trainer, Beach Body coach, and love motivating others. The site has been a great outlet and I've already made some great friends.. so welcome!
  • rprinsmarch
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started 2 days ago. I've started to make changes in my diet in January of this year (healthier and clean). 2 weeks ago (6 weeks after giving birth) I started to really focus on mindful eating and excising . I have about 30+ lbs to lose. Hope we can share ideas and motivation! Feel free to add me :)