here again & need friends for support

Options
ok, so this is not my first time here.... let's not discuss the failures. the important thing is I'm back. I'm a 42 year old nursing student working on my bsn. I am trying to change the way I eat, but it is so hard finding healthy recipes with ingredients that I am familiar with. I need to lose close to 100 pounds, (that's just a little intimidating) but more than anything I just want to be healthy. my health is good right now, but I know that will not stay the same if I don't make some permanent changes. so I'm here, I need to do ALOT of work and I need some friendly support.
thanks. :smile:

Replies

• wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I log in daily. It's always nice to have a little motivation.
  • litlstar
    litlstar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with coming back... same here... i could use some friends to help along the way as well.. sending a request =)
  • BeeHappy52
    Options
    I'll be your friend. Need support too!!! Thanks.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I log daily and happy to be a supportive mfp friend. sending you a FR
  • beautifuldreamer40
    Options
    thanks everyone, apparently I've been gone longer than I thought bc I can't remember where to find the friend requests that have been made to me. someone clue me in please. :smile:
  • vasunshiine
    vasunshiine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All the way up at the top. You will see Hi, your name and then the place where you will see messages and friend requests. I am Charlotte, and Welcome Back! :)
  • dimples62us
    dimples62us Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Let's not worry about failures, but the fact that you are willing to try again. We all been there done that. New beginnings are always good I have faith in you because I too have been there and I'm here because I'm giving me another chance...Hoorah...
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over on here as well. Health issues keep putting up walls that knock me down. For the first time in months I feel like I can make it. Support from people on here really helps. I'll support you if you support me!:smile:
  • beautifuldreamer40
    Options
    thanks everyone, and I plan to support you all as well :wink:
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me!
  • tmcgowan68
    tmcgowan68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can't tell you how many times I've ridden this roller coaster. About 4 years ago, I joined weight watchers and was able to lose about 40 lbs between watching what I eat and exercise. I must say my kids were in their early teens and playing ball for the youth recreation center in our area, so getting In the exercise while they were at practice was very easy. Alas, they've grown up some and mostly do their own things. Problem is, my son has also gained a tremendous amount of weight and we BOTH have to get with the program. We went today and joined a fitness center, so hopefully we can both get back on track. Need all the encouragement and help I can get with this (my son is 16, so idk how long he'll want to hang with Mom. lol) Feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is also isn't my first time around. I will stick to it this time around. I was doing so well when I was on here. Need to get back on track :)