50+lbs Gone!!! .:*with progress pictures*:.

Options
I'm a 24 year old mother to two and a wife to an amazing and supportive husband. I started my weight loss 7 months ago when I had my son, I weighed 275lbs. That is the heaviest I have ever weighed and at only 5' 2" that left me with a BMI of 50.3. I have lost over 50lbs and I now weigh 221.8lbs at a BMI of 40.6. I have gone from a size 24 to a size 18 in jeans.

I still have a long way to go but I am super excited to be this small again. I haven't been this size in over 5 years. It has been very hard for me to loose the weight. But I am super excited to finally hit my first goal!!! I couldn't do any of this without the support of my husband.

SW: 275
CW: 221.8
GW(1): 225
GW(2): 175
GW(3): 150

.:*Before -- 275lbs*:.

1fb5f249-fb9d-4bdb-9c2c-0465e2b6e6d8_zpsa741a14e.jpg

.:*Current -- 221.8*:.

550500aa-4cf6-4b8d-8d60-d32a36d0736e_zps11099a60.jpg

Replies

• deblynn29
    deblynn29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous. I am 216 and 5'2"...also a size 18. My first goal will be to get under 200. Trying to log daily and increase exercise.

What have you been doing?
  • xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Options
    you look great!
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing. well done :)
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look super cute! Congrats on your goal! You have come so far!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    excellent progress,
    really well done, you look great :)
  • fitnessfirework
    Options
    You look gorgeous. I am 216 and 5'2"...also a size 18. My first goal will be to get under 200. Trying to log daily and increase exercise.

What have you been doing?

Thanks! I've been watching my calories of course. I had a hard time when I started out because I wasn't eating enough so I had to up my calories and that helped a lot. I was only eating 1400 calories but now I eat about 1750 calories. I drink lots and lots of water. I watch my sodium intake, carbs and protein. I also try and eat back more than half of my burned calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. I also do 30 - 45 min of cardio 2x a week I either do Zumba or the elliptical. Then I do strength training and calisthenics 2x - 3x a week.
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh you look great, love that purple top!!!!

Keep up the hard work.....you must be so proud!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You look lovely... fantastic job on the many changes your hard work has brought you!:happy: :drinker:
  • deblynn29
    deblynn29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks! I've been watching my calories of course. I had a hard time when I started out because I wasn't eating enough so I had to up my calories and that helped a lot. I was only eating 1400 calories but now I eat about 1750 calories. I drink lots and lots of water. I watch my sodium intake, carbs and protein. I also try and eat back more than half of my burned calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. I also do 30 - 45 min of cardio 2x a week I either do Zumba or the elliptical. Then I do strength training and calisthenics 2x - 3x a week.
    [/quote]

That's really helpful, thanks!!!!
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    you look great. Stay in the fight!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Looking amazing
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you were a pretty girl at 275 now you look even better! can't wait to see you another 50 down. You must be so proud you did good.
  • babyblueskye
    Options
    You look amazing, keep up the good work!

I'm thinking I may have been doing the same thing you initially did, eating too few calories, especially since I do some form of exercise daily. For me, it's strength training 2x a week, swimming M-F, plus yoga on Saturday morning. And I was crazy enough to sign up for a spinning class on Sunday. :)
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow huge difference!! Congrats on your progress ~ you look terrific :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    You look great! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So pretty! Great progress - keep it up :D
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    you look GORGEOUS!!! You will be in Onederland before you know it! Keep up the great work. You are a very beautiful lady !!! :smile:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome job pretty lady:flowerforyou:
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    You look so great!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!