what do you think of cliff bars? PICTURE INCLUDED

Options
clif_bar131-comp1_zpse32df561.jpg

I bought the white chocolate macadamia.

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I tried the blueberry and white chocolate. Pretty good.

They are good as a snack but don't really keep me full (and somewhat high in carbs, which isn't a bad thing pre-workout but not so good when I'm not planning on being active).

Oh... and I don't know if its these ones, but I think I recall them being very dense... my jaw hurts after eating them if I don't have milk or water to wash down. :smile:
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat these or Luna bars to get by between meals if I am really busy, but I do not recommend them for meal replacement. Also, as msliu7911 has said they are good if you get low blood sugar like myself. I personally prefer the Special K protein drinks or protein bars if I am replacing a meal.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    i take them in my lunch bag as an extra snack if needed....also keep one in the car in case i can't get home as planned. Love the peanut butter one :)
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am eating a Crunchy Peanutbutter one as we speak! =)
  • caroduzzi
    caroduzzi Posts: 51
    Options
    LOVE them! But I'm Canadian and have to take a 3 hr trip across the border to Omak if I want to enjoy the White Chocolate Macadamia ones....which are my fave!
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love the crunchy peanut butter and the chocolate chip ones. I use them when I'm on a long bike ride as a snack in the middle. Burn off the carbs quickly. I'm old enough to remember when they first came out. They were a better-tasting alternative to Power Bars. Back then, there was no Gu or energy gels, so we used power bars or cliff bars to replace bananas or gorp, both of which are hard to eat on the bike, and hard to carry.

You do need to make sure you have enough liquid, as they are fairly dry, which makes them perfect for a jersey pocket, or to stash in your CamelBak.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them post workout but like people have said, high in carbs and quite a few calories but I personally liked them. I think there is a mint one that I really liked and my mom loves the carrot cake one but they seem to be hard to find. The other one that is good are the Luna Protein bars. Once again, I like the mint ones. Guess you can tell I like mint :happy:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    yum ym and yum and filling. Love them
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate macadamia is the best!!! All the others are really good too.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I like Kind bars better.
  • Odyssey912
    Options
    The gym I belong to frequently gives these as samples. Good for a snack.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love them! My husband and I have them all the time! :drinker:
  • pobanion
    pobanion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They are aweome.. Costco (Canada) has a variety box of 3 different flavors.. Chocolate Almond fudge, chocolate chip and a peanut butter one. I believe there are 24 in the box for around $18 (I think). They are great for a snack..
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love them all though I've never tried this almond fudge. I need to look for it.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    They sell them at the Dollar Trees here, but I'm afraid to buy a lot of foods at the Dollar Tree now lol They tend to have waaaay over expired food a lot of the time. I still get food from there, but ALWAYS check the expiration date. Maybe I should give one a try. :D
  • ashbash485
    ashbash485 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I prefer Luna bars, most have fewer calories and I prefer their flavors, especially Chocolate dipped coconut and Pretzel ones.
    I also found a great link on Pinterest to make your own at home without all the preservatives, I've made three different flavors, all very good.

http://rawified.blogspot.ca/2012/05/raw-larabars.html
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I prefer the quest bars or pure protein over the Luna Bars. They are low in calories and sugars and still taste good. My absolute favorite is the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest...YUM!
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My husband is a cliff bar fanatic. He also likes the cliff builders bars, which have more protein, I think, and are really good post-workout.

Since going gluten free, I can't have cliff bars anymore, but I love lara bars and the luna protein bars, which are gf and have great flavors. We tend to bring a handful of cliff bars for him and lara bars for me whenever we're going on a long hike or a day of rock climbing and want something we can easily carry and eat while we're out.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I like them, we keep them in the office, but since I have changed my eating, they are overly sweet to me!

7396232.png
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a crunchy peanut butter for breakfast before a long run.