40 lbs to lose starting today forever

Hi future friends,
I'm Amoy and I am ready to take control of my weight and eating patterns. I'm a continuously relapsing binge eater and am tired of feeling fat and depressed with no energy to take care of myself after my daughter. Looking for lots of encouragement, support, advice, tips, and information and to share what I know with you. Add me and I'll add you. Cheers!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I have about 40 lbs too. You'll do it. I have problems with binging too. I printed out a few quotes ("Junk food you've wanted for an hour vs the body you've wanted for years", "do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog", and "binge tomorrow, not today. Read again tomorrow") and taped them up to the pantry, fridge, and a small one on my wallet (if I'm out and am about to do an impulse buy). It helps keep me on track.
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Love those quotes :) (the dog one, I literally LOL'd) that's the inspiration I need, thanks. I don't know anything about exercise except cardio, that's my goal for this week.
  • I, too, am a binge eater. I'm trying to lose 65 lbs, but I have a huge problem with motivation. Good luck!
  • rjily
    rjily Posts: 4
    Congratulations on taking the first step. I agree the encouragment and support are important! We'll get there!
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Thank you and same to you, no looking back at this point!