Ten reasons why my run wasn't an epic fail.

Options
Okay, so I just finished Week 4 Day 1 of C25K. It didn't go so great. But I'm trying to stay positive so here are ten reasons why it wasn't an epic fail.

1) At least I finished and didn't quit
2) I burned 510 calories
3) I didn't want to carry change in my arm band so the change from my powerade zero went to the children's hospital jar
4) My dogs are happy since they licked sweat off my legs
5) I appreciate my air conditioning so much more now
6) Icing my leg right now feels really good
7) Pandora didn't crash during the run
8) I don't feel bad about eating Chipotle today anymore
9) I am telling myself that at least one person drove by me jealous that they aren't working out
10) I can only improve from here

Anyone else have things they tell themselves to stay positive?

Replies

• jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Very positive.. Keep it up.

Is this the couch to 25k?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I think your first reason was enough to be proud of, but the rest are definitely icing on the cake... ugh I just talked about icing and cake.. ok let me take that part back, the rest are a bonus :-)

7396232.png
  • jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do this to myself tooo! I give myself little pep talks ;)

BTW, FANTASTIC job!!
  • jyneefur
    jyneefur Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Numbers 1, 9 and 10 are my bread and butter for motivation! I've been doing the Zombies 5k program at ~290 pounds, so you can imagine how gross, sweaty and red I get while doing it, as well as how my fat jiggles and rubs together. But hey! Like you said.. I finish each day of the program! And despite how unsexy I look while doing it, I'm sure at least one person sees me and thinks "If she can do it, why am I not doing it?!" I feel so amazingly good afterwards, too, and know that my next run will be better than today's!

Keep up the good work. :)
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    You lapped my lazy *kitten* that was stuck to the couch for the majority of the day:):flowerforyou:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Bump! Gonna need me some of this come tomorrow!
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and all 10 reasons ROCK (especially the dog one..LOL) My Kaiyah likes sweat too. I am in week 5 of Recliner to Runner and I am so ambitious I registered for a 5k in Sept & my first 10k in Oct...Am I crazy or what?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    *high five*
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hhaha! Omg You are so cuuuuuute.

seriously tho you are so not alone in your thinking, I swear I have at least 9 out of 10 of those thoughts every run.
    I think its that I have serious ADD so Im super Rando, The Pandora is my fav on the list. It drives me nuts when it cuts out.
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Those are all great. I say no run is a bad run if you actually get out there and do it!
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Loved this!!! Thank you for reminding me to always look at the positives!
  • orklik
    orklik Posts: 2
    Options
    You're so funny :laugh: . I wish I was as motivated as you are.
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING! You will amaze yourself over and over again. My favorite part of running is to keep finding out what I'm capable of!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Dude, getting a workout done and coming back is always a win. Just keep at it.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I think just the fact that you got up and went and did it that is soooo much important, but I love your witty reasons. I bow down to you, I'm in week 4 as well and have been doing that for three weeks now......sigh. Looking ahead to what week 5 is there is no way in heck that I will be able to do that and until I MASTER week 4 I'm not going to try it.....ok, maybe I will try it.... :laugh: