I'm new here too

Options
Looking forward to loosing weight! I've been over weight since 2002. I've lost from 192 to 187 in 4 weeks. It is so hard! I'm 44 and as I have gotten older and quit smoking, it's been so hard to keep it off. I also got lazy and stopped a regular exercise program. I'm hoping for a some wonderful support hopefully!! It's really hard to fix up a regular exercise program when you work different days every week.
Tina

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina, welcome, this is such a great site....good luck
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time or day you exercise just that you do. You CAN do it. You have a good start. This site is a good tool to use. Welcome Tina. We all can help each other lose those stubborn pounds. Good Luck
  • momanddad
    momanddad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I found it hard to have a set time to exercise, so I just did not do it. Not good! A friend of mine told me to start with 2 days a week with just 15 minutes to do some type of movement. I tried what she said and over the past month have been able to increase my time to 5 days a week. I started at 190 and I am down to 180. The best part about exercising is that I get to have more food if I want to (yeah). The inches have now started to come off, which is really great. I am 57 and yes it is harder to get in shape. Don't give up it will be worth the effort, you feel better and look better also.
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You will find myfitnesspal quite helpful and the people are great! Feel free to request me as a friend!
  • kmcclain77
    Options
    Hello! My boss just told me about this site, so I signed up! It's pretty interesting so far!
    I'm a 20-something year old southern California girl who cannot wait to move out into the country! Born and raised here, my husband and I both cannot stand all that comes with city living - the speedy pace of life and subsequent lack of time for exercise, preparing real food, and time to enjoy relationships.
    Our hopes are to one day live out where we can have some elbow-room, slow down, and enjoy life and people. I hope to grow some of my own food and have time to prepare homemade meals and run around with our future children.
    BUT I'm starting now!
    To get there I need to incorporate healthy living so that I will one day have the energy to keep up with my kids. Filling my body with fake food and sugars galore won't get me there.
    So I'm taking it one day at a time...
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you've lost like that so far ... my doctor advised that it's not real good to lose too fast cause it all comes back quickly. He said that if it come off slowly it's cause you're learning new habits along the way. Personally I'd rather it come off quickly and stay off :) Anyway, just thought I'd share his words of "wisdom." As for the funny work schedule ... we own an excavating business so there are days we just hang at home and there are others I'm running all over the tri-state area for parts but I found something that I enjoy and make time for ... now I'm trying to find something to add to it that I can do at home (leaning towards an elliptical and an alarm clock that throws me out of bed).

Good luck on your goals and quitting smoking ... it's been 14 years and there are still days that one sounds REALLY good but I haven't fallen off the wagon :)