Newbie :)

Options
I am setting my weight loss goal for the "umpteenth" time and have always had luck counting calories. From the looks of it, this site makes it easy to do just that and they have an app for my phone, which is really convenient! I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things on this site. I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals!

Kim
Huntsville, AL

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, welcome to the site! I know how you feel -- doing it for the "upteenth" time! But since joining this site two weeks ago, I have already lost 8 pounds. It is an awesome place because we are all on the same weight loss journey. You will find that the support and motivation you receive is beyond compare. Feel free to friend me!!

Trisha
  • yellowcorvettegirl
    Options
    Hi Trisha!

Thanks for replying! Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! How often are you exercising? I put down 3 times a week to start. I am thinking about doing the 30-day Shred by Jillian Michaels. If you have any tips, I am all ears!

I hope you have a great day!!

Kim
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim!

Thanks -- I'm pretty happy with my weight loss so far, although I know that it will slow down. But it gave me the boost that I need to keep me motivated! I haven't gotten into a steady exercise routine yet. My son just went back to school last Wednesday, so this is the week I'm getting back into a real routine. Up until now, I've been doing things like crunches (200 a day), and games on my Wii (I am still sore from Wii bowling the other day! lol). I was surprised that they burnt up calories. FYI -- CLEANING burns calories too!! :happy: I spent last week recording a Bollywood Dance Exercise program from the tv, so that's my goal for exercising this week -- doing it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It looks like a lot of fun!

My big tip to you -- drink loads of water!!! Your trips to the bathroom may increase a lot, but your body will get used to it and that will slow down! And watch your carbs and sodium intake!!

Have a great day!

Trisha
  • schoen185
    Options
    Kim,

I'm only a few days into it but I am crazy addicted to this site. It's very user friendly. I don't have the capability of having the app on phone but just the site seems so fast to log/track. Of course the extra time I spend reading blogs and boards is all under my control lol.

Welcome! I have also set the goal a million times. I"ve spent 10 years dieting in some form or other with varying degrees of success but in the end it still seems the best bet for me has been to just try to eat less/count calories and move more so I'm determined to see this through!!!!

Great to meet you!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    looked at your profile and saw a "MM" quote and thoght she's got to be OK, Welcome this site is the bomb so far in the last 6 months I've lost almost 50 lbs. So feel free to make me your friend.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Welcome. I have been on here 3 weeks today and have loved every minute of it. Having friends helps keep me motivated and inspired. The search engine for the message boards is great. Just type in your topic and it will pull gobs of posts related to your topic. I have found, and cooked, several recipes from here already.

Good luck and friend me if you'd like. We're all in this together. :flowerforyou:
  • mandieraye
    Options
    I too have been looking into the shred, and have read a lot of good things about it. I workout 6 or 7 times a week. My husband is a marine so I just do all the classes on base. Find a zumba class somewhere. It doesn't come up in the exercise section but I looked it up it burns 800- 1000 calories per hour. On top of it burning so many calories it is fun.
    Mandie
    Starting weight 200 pounds
    current weight 194 pounds
    goal weight 130 pounds