What readings do you get for tai chi and yoga?

Options
I noticed yoga (which seems like more hard work) burns fewer calories than tai chi.

For me, 60 minutes of yoga burns 155 and tai chi burns 247. Pilates also burns 155.

What do you get?

Replies

• alwayskungfu
    Options
    oooh eeer! however 120 of 'martial arts, gets 1250 cals, well you might burn that in the 'ring' but even on a hard session I recon its realistically more like 500. I tend to guestimate upon how sweaty I am, lets face it exercise never ever burns as many calories as you expect, it's hard to burn calories. it's more important that it raises you basal mets for many hours after, so the burn is a consistent one.
    you know all this and more I'm sure.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering what MFP says for different people.
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had never done yoga and pilate but I do yogalates everyday. Yogalates is combination of yoga and pilate. I join the Tai Chi workout in the park when I finish my morning walk. If I compare Tai Chi and yogalates, I think Tai Chi is slightly harder even though the movement is slow and relax. I think the number of calories burn for Tai Chi is possible to be higher than yoga and pilates but the one in mfp database is not that accurate. use HRM for accurate reading.