Fat loss diet

Options
Right..... i got the last post "locked" because it was classed as advertising.. that wasn't my intention. AT ALL.

I was just saying if u wanna send over a message to me with your goals i could send you a diet for fat loss/muscle maintenance.
(THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT) this is just helping people out who need to lose weight..

If your not interested then don't send me a message.

If you are then Great! I'd be glad to help you out.

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Right..... i got the last post "locked" because it was classed as advertising.. that wasn't my intention. AT ALL.

I was just saying if u wanna send over a message to me with your goals i could send you a diet for fat loss/muscle maintenance.
    (THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT) this is just helping people out who need to lose weight..

although i'm tempted to resort to sarcasm here, i'll resist. here's a serious response...

if you really believe that you have some special diet that could help people, why not start a thread and post the details, instead of asking people to contact you directly for it? if you posted the details, then people can examine and critique it. who knows, you may even learn a thing or two. however, soliciting people to contact you privately for details comes off as a bit shady. so long as you continue with that tactic, don't be surprised if all of your threads like this one get locked.
  • pinklillypops
    pinklillypops Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Id love some help with a diet, at the minute im just trying to stick to my calories on my usual food. So hungry all the time lol... im so unfit to I need lose 2stone asap just so I can feel good. Thanks
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was about to respond to you before your previous topic was locked, you had said that you didnt want to post the diet as it may not be everyone's "cup of tea", however surely you could post your ideas and us free thinking adults could use our own discretion to decide whether it is something that may work for us.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

although i'm tempted to resort to sarcasm here, i'll resist. here's a serious response...

if you really believe that you have some special diet that could help people, why not start a thread and post the details, instead of asking people to contact you directly for it? if you posted the details, then people can examine and critique it. who knows, you may even learn a thing or two. however, soliciting people to contact you privately for details comes off as a bit shady. so long as you continue with that tactic, don't be surprised if all of your threads like this one get locked.
    QFT^^ If your diet is healthy and sustainable why don't you post at least an example of it...if your intention is to help others surely you wouldn't hesitate to share the facts instead of vague promises.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think there is something inherently dodgy in "I have an awesome diet... but you need to contact me privately to get it..."
  • JPitbull91
    JPitbull91 Posts: 33
    Options
    yeh im so dodgy... and shady! i just want your money!!

anyway ive posted a new topic with the diet. coz people find it easier to post a sarcastic comment than actually inbox me!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I still don't get why you so desperately want to be inboxed...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    you are a coach right for beachbody? just a guess...
  • JPitbull91
    Options
    i think theres something inherently dodgy? why would there be? im a qualified nutrionalist and personal trainer. I like people to inbox me so i can adjust the diet accordingly to there needs.. is there a problem with doing that? because if there is then carry on posting sarcastic paranoid comments :) btw congrats on the 9kg weight loss.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. ok going to say sorry now if I was wrong. Thanks for helping people if you aren't one of them.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    i think theres something inherently dodgy? why would there be? im a qualified nutrionalist and personal trainer. I like people to inbox me so i can adjust the diet accordingly to there needs.. is there a problem with doing that? because if there is then carry on posting sarcastic paranoid comments :) btw congrats on the 9kg weight loss.

Ok, without sarcasm, have a thought from the other side here. You join and your first posts don't mention your qualifications, merely promise a great diet, with no details, that people have to message you privately to get. Your very first post also, and I believe unintentionally, indicated that your diet would cost.

Its kind of like walking into a room at a convention or similar and instead of introducing yourself you just start slipping people cards with a wink and some vague innuendo.

Objectively, it seems dodgy. However, you have followed through, and I apologise for forming an inaccurate opinion. Good luck with your career and training :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

anyway ive posted a new topic with the diet. coz people find it easier to post a sarcastic comment than actually inbox me!

Here's his diet. It does seem tailored for his personal needs so yeah someone else who wants to do it may need it adjusted to their specific macro and cal goals. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1026766-my-fat-burning-diet
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

so it's pretty much an "i just got hooked on bodybuilding and this is what everyone else at my gym is eating" diet plan. it's not really any different from any other bodybuilder diet i've seen.

nothing wrong with that. especially if you're 22 and a guy.

but your previous assertion about "losing 21lbs of fat in 14 days" is patently false. water weight loss and fat loss are not the same thing. to lose 21lbs of fat in 14 days, one would have to have an enormous daily calorie deficit.

again, not saying that this isn't fine for some people who are trying to build a lot of muscle throwing around iron. you are certainly guaranteed to meet/exceed your protein requirements at 260g per day. but for most of the people on here (and in the world for that matter), 260g is overkill. especially if you're purposefully drinking protein shakes to get to that level of intake. also, if you're consuming massive amounts of protein, presumably it's because you are trying to grow your muscles. so you should be eating at a surplus, which contradicts your claim that this was a diet on which one could lose a massive amount of weight. it's either one or the other, but it's just about impossible to do both simultaneously. you can either shed fat or add muscle. if you're eating at a deficit on this diet, you're only going to maintain existing muscle mass and not build any new mass.

here's what i would suggest for you. start a private group. make it public. you'll be the moderator of that group. then you can post all of your ideas in there and any comments you don't like can be deleted (by you). you can then "recruit" people to join your group if they share a similar interest in your diet ideas/plans.

ETA: one other thing about your diet plan. it's boring. there is only a very tiny percentage of people in the world who can/would stick to a boring plan like that, and those are people willing to do so because they are devoted to bodybuilding. however demanding that anyone NOT already in that world stick to a diet of nothing but oats/rice/bananas/broccoli/fish/chicken every single day, forever... is to demand a failure rate of nearly 100%. people just won't do that. people enjoy the variety they have in their diets.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Why not just post the details of the magical fat loss diet?
  • JPitbull91
    Options

Why not just post the details of the magical fat loss diet?

I have done, with magically awesome feedback. good luck ;)
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options

so it's pretty much an "i just got hooked on bodybuilding and this is what everyone else at my gym is eating" diet plan. it's not really any different from any other bodybuilder diet i've seen.

but your previous assertion about "losing 21lbs of fat in 14 days" is patently false. water weight loss and fat loss are not the same thing. to lose 21lbs of fat in 14 days, one would have to have an enormous daily calorie deficit.

again, not saying that this isn't fine for some people who are trying to build a lot of muscle throwing around iron. you are certainly guaranteed to meet/exceed your protein requirements at 260g per day. but for most of the people on here (and in the world for that matter), 260g is overkill. especially if you're purposefully drinking protein shakes to get to that level of intake. also, if you're consuming massive amounts of protein, presumably it's because you are trying to grow your muscles. so you should be eating at a surplus, which contradicts your claim that this was a diet on which one could lose a massive amount of weight. it's either one or the other, but it's just about impossible to do both simultaneously. you can either shed fat or add muscle. if you're eating at a deficit on this diet, you're only going to maintain existing muscle mass and not build any new mass.

here's what i would suggest for you. start a private group. make it public. you'll be the moderator of that group. then you can post all of your ideas in there and any comments you don't like can be deleted (by you). you can then "recruit" people to join your group if they share a similar interest in your diet ideas/plans.

ETA: one other thing about your diet plan. it's boring. there is only a very tiny percentage of people in the world who can/would stick to a boring plan like that, and those are people willing to do so because they are devoted to bodybuilding. however demanding that anyone NOT already in that world stick to a diet of nothing but oats/rice/bananas/broccoli/fish/chicken every single day, forever... is to demand a failure rate of nearly 100%. people just won't do that. people enjoy the variety they have in their diets.

Actually, my own experience, and some evidence (admittedly from within the body building world)supports this, is that the super obese actually have the ability, for a while, until their body fat percentage declines to something more approaching normal, to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

Actually, my own experience, and some evidence (admittedly from within the body building world)supports this, is that the super obese actually have the ability, for a while, until their body fat percentage declines to something more approaching normal, to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

yes. it's called newbie gains. doesn't last too long though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    BrainyBurro nailed it on the head. There is NO special fat loss diet plan. And there is no way to lose 14 lbs of fat in 21 days. You would have to create a calorie deficit of 49,000 calories which just isn't possible to do in 21 days. Sorry bro, you can't beat the math. BTW, below is a fat loss plan

1. Moderate deficit (see chart below deficit)
    2. Adequate protein and fat per lb of lbm (1g and .35g respectively)
    3. Weight training (high weight/low rep = strength, low weight/high rep = endurance; both will help with muscle retention)
    4. Most importantly, Time. It takes time to lose fat. No matter what someone says, it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a lb of fat.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • pinklillypops
    pinklillypops Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey any good cardio tips i want to get into the treadmill.... i enjoy circuits but does this burn fat

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS

Ive lost 10lbs in 2months