New to this whole thing..

Options
My name is Debra Jo, I'm 26 years old and a graduate student getting a PhD, which entails a lot of stress. I have gained over 20 pounds in about 2 or 3 years, and have probably never been more uncomfortable in my body. (P.S. I'm short, 5'2"). I was also in a 2 1/2 year relationship in which I was always reminded about needing to go to the gym and how I was gaining weight, which didn't help my problems at all. Through that relationship, I learned this wonderful tool of eating away problems, and now I'm trying to get to where I'm happy again. I want to be at a point where I don't eat away my stress, pain, or whatever else it may be. I have been trying for about two months to just eat right, but always fall short. I'm really hoping this website will open my eyes to how much I really do eat, as well as keep me on track, especially since they have an App for my Hero. Hopefully I can reach my goal, and I look forward to meeting some new friends!!

Replies

• SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Debra,

I've been in a similar place so if you need a buddy I'm here. I am trying to lose about 20 pounds and in the 5'3 so I know every ounce shows on us shotter gals.
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are so pretty! I love the pic........i know you can do this! Don't ever let anyone tell you that you are not pretty, cause you are! Add me as a friend if you ever want someone to talk to, there are so many AMAZING people on this website! It will keep you pumped up!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yes, I'm short too - 4'11" - and we always look bigger than we are :devil:

That aside, I love being short tho :bigsmile:

I hope you find a less superficial b/f. I hate men that knock women's confidence!! Grrrr!! How dare they!!

But hopefully your'e over that and on the road to feeling good about yourself again.

Welcome aboard

:flowerforyou:
  • djscardi
    djscardi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the encouragement!! That's one reason I was so excited to join the site, meet people who are going through the same thing as me and we can encourage each other!! I have definitely gotten rid of the boyfriend, it just sucks because the damage is done ha, but I'm going to change that!! Thanks again! :smile:
  • ThompsonH
    Options
    1806646.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • moniapp
    moniapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is a great website, makes you accountable for all you eat, exercise and just meeting lovely people. Good luck on this journey, add me as friend and we can all do this together.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. There are some amazing people here that motivate very well. Remember, you are your best motivation. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add me if you would like.
  • tennies
    tennies Posts: 16
    Options
    ive only been here a couple of weeks and i love this site, lots of great advice, from people all in the same positions. you hang in there and don't ever let a man get you down. i had one that tried years ago and i kicked his *kitten* to the curb, quick fast and in a hurry. you are way to pretty for that, keep that head held hi and go for it we are all here to back you if you need any help
  • clarkie522
    Options
    Hello, my name is Christine and I am new here and wish to lose about 50 pounds. I have gained the weight for several reasons, I quit smoking over a year ago, and I have RA, which limits my ability to excerise. I have also just been told I have the early signs of COPD. I am 46 years old and very happily married and I have four wonderful fur-children. I am just seeking support to stay motivated and strong, I canNOT let these illness bring me down I have so much more to give to this world and I will fight every day to eat right, excerise, and be the best dang person I can be!