Starting Insanity Tomorrow Monday 6/24/13 - Motivation Group

Options
Hello,

I will be starting Insanity tomorrow!

I figure if one or more of you want to friend me we can all start together, tomorrow, and motivate each other.

I've been doing p90x and p90x+ for quite some time and have never done Insanity. Looking forward to it.

Side note: I am no BeachBody coach and I am not interested in becoming one (or getting coached).

--Lenny

Replies

• indianna123
    indianna123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lenny

I am starting Insanity tomorrow too. I haven't worked out very much in the last 6 months but I am motivated to get fit again in the next 60 days. It's going to hurt!!

Let's do it!!

Indianna :)
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    That's awesome!! Fit Test Starts tomorrow!
  • mrsraeroberts
    mrsraeroberts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cool, ive been looking into this today. I might join ya :)
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I actually started insanity yesterday and today had to take breaks every 2 minutes or so. It kicks my *kitten* but I am excited to see what will happen if I can keep up with it!
  • catwishred
    Options
    I restarted yesterday. I love insanity!! Make sure to have a heart rate monitor!! Good luck, make sure you take breaks when you need them!
  • wishuponastar2014
    wishuponastar2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my first round of insanity with my friends. We're starting our fourth week tomorrow. It's painful the first couple weeks. I found myself having to do modified versions of the exercises or needing to take frequent breaks. I think I'm finally at the point where I can last an entire workout with minimal modifications even though I'm still moving slower than Shaun T. I'm planning on doing another two rounds of it with a month's rest (doing some other form of exercise such as pilates from blogilates.com) in between each round by next May.

Good luck! You'll enjoy it! Remember to dig deeper!!
  • kernjamie
    kernjamie Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey Lenny.

I am not new to Insanity. I also have P90x and P90x plus. I am embarrassed to say I have never got through any of the programs. The furthest I have gone is one month....or I will restart cause I miss a couple days. I am a single mom of three, trying to go to school, I have a job at night so I am up late and then kids have me up early. So, things get pretty hectic....but every time I do Insanity...even just the first month, I get great results. I lost about 20 pounds this past Feb and March... I only did the first month, probably repeated a couple weeks because of getting off track.

I am starting fresh from right now. I eat Paleo style...I do drink coffee... and sometimes eat Greek yogurt. I have had great success from eating this way and Insanity together.

So today is Day one.....Fit test....posting results and stats later today
  • kernjamie
    kernjamie Posts: 37
    Options
    Just finished up my first fit test for this round of Insanity.....feeling out of shape :-/

Insanity Fit Test D1
    1. Switch Kicks 55
    2. Power Jacks 48
    3. Power Knees 80
    4. Power Jumps 28
    5. Globe Jumps 10
    6. Suicide Jumps 15
    7. Push Up Jacks 20
    8. Lo P Oblique 56

Starting weight 157

I am not looking to loose too much weight. My original goal was to be in the 120-130s. I am going for more healthy and toned now. Trying not to focus or be a slave to the scale as much as before
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Hi Lenny

I am starting Insanity tomorrow too. I haven't worked out very much in the last 6 months but I am motivated to get fit again in the next 60 days. It's going to hurt!!

Let's do it!!

Indianna :)

Awesome! Yes, it's going to hurt so good!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I actually started insanity yesterday and today had to take breaks every 2 minutes or so. It kicks my *kitten* but I am excited to see what will happen if I can keep up with it!

That's awesome, imagine all of the improvements you are going to make!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I restarted yesterday. I love insanity!! Make sure to have a heart rate monitor!! Good luck, make sure you take breaks when you need them!

My heart rate monitor just died!! I am thinking about getting the battery changed or perhaps I will get a new/upgraded one... hmm
  • Robincantrell21
    Robincantrell21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I want to lose about 15 pounds in 3-4 weeks. I entered my food diary for today and I consumen 977 calories and and I burned 2,170 calories through exercising. I just want to know if every 4 days out of the week are like today for the next 5 weeks, what would be my weight target? (I current fluctuate between 138-143 lbs.)Thank you.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I'm currently doing my first round of insanity with my friends. We're starting our fourth week tomorrow. It's painful the first couple weeks. I found myself having to do modified versions of the exercises or needing to take frequent breaks. I think I'm finally at the point where I can last an entire workout with minimal modifications even though I'm still moving slower than Shaun T. I'm planning on doing another two rounds of it with a month's rest (doing some other form of exercise such as pilates from blogilates.com) in between each round by next May.

Good luck! You'll enjoy it! Remember to dig deeper!!

Awesome progress so far!! I did my first fit test this morning and I can see how it's named correctly!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Just finished up my first fit test for this round of Insanity.....feeling out of shape :-/

Insanity Fit Test D1
    1. Switch Kicks 55
    2. Power Jacks 48
    3. Power Knees 80
    4. Power Jumps 28
    5. Globe Jumps 10
    6. Suicide Jumps 15
    7. Push Up Jacks 20
    8. Lo P Oblique 56

Starting weight 157

I am not looking to loose too much weight. My original goal was to be in the 120-130s. I am going for more healthy and toned now. Trying not to focus or be a slave to the scale as much as before

Super awesome job on your fit test! I did mine this morning but my results are recorded at home. I know I do have a lot of room for improvement though--which of course motivates me!
  • clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'll be starting insanity next Tuesday (can't start earlier as I'm going away for a few days) so would be great to get some motivation from others doing it at the same time. I actually came on here looking for a buddy to start it with next week so if anyone hasn't started yet but plans to, send me message!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Starting today as well. Will alternate days with my runs, so will finish after others on here, but definitely need the support and encouragement.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Sign me up, will have to go at my own pace but hope to get into shape!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I will be starting Insanity tomorrow!

I figure if one or more of you want to friend me we can all start together, tomorrow, and motivate each other.

I've been doing p90x and p90x+ for quite some time and have never done Insanity. Looking forward to it.

Side note: I am no BeachBody coach and I am not interested in becoming one (or getting coached).

--Lenny
    Is it a program at your gym or a dvd? I have seen P90x dvd's but they are too spendy. Would like to add to my workout routine.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Is it a program at your gym or a dvd? I have seen P90x dvd's but they are too spendy. Would like to add to my workout routine.

It's a DVD program you can purchase online through the official beachbody store OR you can go to Ebay and buy it used (I notice one there for $45 shipped right now).

It's similar to p90x but emphasizes a lot more cardio. All of my friends who have done it swear by it's ability to burn calories. I did the fit test this morning which showed me I have room for improvement.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options

It's a DVD program you can purchase online through the official beachbody store OR you can go to Ebay and buy it used (I notice one there for $45 shipped right now).

It's similar to p90x but emphasizes a lot more cardio. All of my friends who have done it swear by it's ability to burn calories. I did the fit test this morning which showed me I have room for improvement.
    Thanks so much; will check that out. I am assuming lots of plyometrics involved--something I never got used to!!!:) The body is working hard and we will surey build up and improve!!!!:)