Black licorice. How much $$$ to make you eat some?

Options

Replies

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Do the licorice haters also hate fennel? To the licorice lovers out there who are feeling deprived: fennel (some grocery stores call it "anise") is a root vegetable with a consistency similar to, but a little bit more substantial than, celery. Especially when raw, it has a slight licorice flavor. It's lovely raw in a salad, or diced in a pasta sauce or as a pizza topping.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love it too. My husband and 6 year old don't , but my nearly 4 year old love dark chocolate bullets. Bullets are licorice covered in chocolate. It seems to be some we either love or hate . :smile:
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm cheap. I'll take a hundred per piece please.

I'm with you, black licorice is gross but I'm cheap, so $100 a piece.
  • Pebbles91909
    Options
    I actually like black licorice. You don't have to pay me to eat it. I don't buy much of it because once I start eating it, I can't get enough of it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Black licorice is okay. So are Brussels Sprouts.

Asparagus, however, eff that noise.

You shut your filthy mouth!

Asparagus is awesome, especially grilled.

Canned, however, has no place in a sane person's diet.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I actually like black licorice. You don't have to pay me to eat it. I don't buy much of it because once I start eating it, I can't get enough of it.

dean-what-gif.gif
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I LOVE black licorice! Good n plenty candies contributed to a lot of my pregnancy weight gain.......I would eat about 2 boxes a day which is amlost 1200 calories and of course I ate all other meals to get my "nutrition" in. *slowy hides face in shame*

So yeah I would eat it for FREE:)
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'll gladly eat it... at no cost... yum!
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do the licorice haters also hate fennel? To the licorice lovers out there who are feeling deprived: fennel (some grocery stores call it "anise") is a root vegetable with a consistency similar to, but a little bit more substantial than, celery. Especially when raw, it has a slight licorice flavor. It's lovely raw in a salad, or diced in a pasta sauce or as a pizza topping.

There's not many foods I dislike, but black licorice is one. I like trying different veggies and tried fennel once, yuck. I also threw out my anise- I bought it to made cookies and they were disgusting. The only other food I dislike as much would be ginger, raw or pickled. I love gingerbread stuff, but not the ginger they give you with sushi. And goat cheese, jelly beans, those gummy candies like orange wedges, and oddly sugar cookies - damn, I didn't realize I was such a hater and I eat my earlier words. I would eat some licorice for $20 a piece, I'm cheap.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Black licorice is quite tasty, some have a taste for it more than others... Though you're talking to the person who can eat EVERYTHING and enjoy it. The thing with black licorice I think is just the tastebuds need to get used to it
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    My favourite! My grandma used to bring me black licorice every Sunday when I was a child:)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

There's not many foods I dislike, but black licorice is one. I like trying different veggies and tried fennel once, yuck. I also threw out my anise- I bought it to made cookies and they were disgusting. The only other food I dislike as much would be ginger, raw or pickled. I love gingerbread stuff, but not the ginger they give you with sushi. And goat cheese, jelly beans, those gummy candies like orange wedges, and oddly sugar cookies - damn, I didn't realize I was such a hater and I eat my earlier words. I would eat some licorice for $20 a piece, I'm cheap.

GUYS. you should really just try the liquid kind. seriously..
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like black licorice...

...and I'll never go back to any other kind of licorice.

Your answer is incorrect. The correct response is: there is no other kind of licorice.

Lol!!!!! Pretty sure that was said for the innuendo..... someone likes a little BBL :laugh:
  • Medic996
    Medic996 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I hated the taste of black licorice, but for some reason when I got older my taste kind of changed an I enjoyed the taste and aroma of black licorice.

On a side note, thanks a lot to whom ever started this post. I freak-in craving black licorice now.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on your dislike of black licorice, but I'd probably eat it for $5.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Lol, a G.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love black licorice!! But I actually got the Jelly Belly "Dare" box where all the black ones are licorice or skunk spray. So...it'd probably cost about a million for me to take that risk again
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Crazy. I love black licorice, but allsorts are even better. They remind me of my father.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Bleghhhh!
  • r1skbreak3r
    r1skbreak3r Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Black licorice is the best kind! I prefer the sweeter versions though, I tried some salty dutch licorice and that was a bit of an acquired taste, to put it politely!! Licorice bullets and chalk are awesome though...