Replies

• Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Now this is some much needed consolation!:laugh: :happy:
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Most of them look great in real life anyway, wish they'd stop this nonsense. But hey, that's life
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Dat cottage cheese.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe most of them look that bad in real life. Even I don't.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe most of them look that bad in real life. Even I don't.

I know! I looked through them and I think they've been photoshopped to look extra bad for this website!! Some of them are still quite young and have never been overweight but they look like they have massively cottage cheese thighs/bum area. Uh no. A wee bit maybe, but not that much.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I know! I looked through them and I think they've been photoshopped to look extra bad for this website!! Some of them are still quite young and have never been overweight but they look like they have massively cottage cheese thighs/bum area. Uh no. A wee bit maybe, but not that much.

Agree!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The real problem with articles like these is that it is implied that "we" are suppose to feel better about ourselves because these people look worse in real life than they do in magazines and on the television. This is not what we should be teaching ourselves and our children. The only way to feel good about yourself is to think you are better or at least equal in physical appearance to someone famous? When you think about it, this is all it is. Its the same concept as bullying...putting another down to feel better about yourself.
    There is nothing wrong with a person or in this case a woman (since all the photos were of women and men just don't seem to have this jealousy/spitefulness that women do) being regarded as extremely attractive or as extremely unattractive. This is all am matter of personal preference and taste and everybody seems to have at least one other individual who thinks they are attractive, no matter how different from the norm they may be.

Additionally, there are women who exist that do look amazing and "perfect." No cellulite, crazy unbelievable proportions, flat abs, big boobs or small tight boobs, beautiful shiny hair, etc......whatever the eye of the beholder believes to be "perfect." Are we teaching ourselves and our children that these people should be held on a pedestal or the opposite, that they should be hated/scorned because no one is supposed to be that amazing looking in real life?
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Chubbyhulagirl, I agree 100% with your comments.

My reason for posting the link was to reflect what the normal female form looks like in all of it's guises.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Agree!

I so agee. I do not for one sec feel that this sort of thing should be anywhere. This is awful. Especially since some people will look at this and say well I feel better about myself now because a "Star" looks like crap.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Poor guys....they didn't even make it to air-brushing! Don't know if that's good or bad! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Kate Moss looks BETTER with some weight on her!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Well.. All I can say is that I have yet to meet ANYONE that looks the same before being professionally made up and dressed for a photograph as they do on an average day on the street. That's kind of the point of getting a professional photo.

As far as the airbrushing goes those 'before' pictures are totally fake. No way that women that slender are going to have that much sag/cellulite. Look at the back of Tara Reid's thigh (pg 6) that butt / thigh sag looks completely fake - even after losing 60 lbs with no weight work at all my butt/thighs still look nothing like that. That's the shape of a butt I would expect on my great grandma, not a woman who is decades younger.
  • jacquiroxx922
    jacquiroxx922 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I've never been overweight, but my butt/thighs have a ton of cellulite on them. It's genetic- I've had it since I was at least 12, when I first noticed it. Mine is comparable to Tamara Ecclestone's- mine have a little more. Not saying these photos aren't Photoshopped to look worse or whatever, just saying it's possible that they actually do look like that. I'm 27 years old, 145 lbs., and 5'5"
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I guess I look more like the real Alicia Keys lol. I'm completely fine with that though. :happy:
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's silly to say that if you're of a normal weigth you won't hvae cellulite. As jacquiroxx922, I also noticed mine when i was 12 and at that point i was a skinny gangly kid! It can be genetic or, and could be a reaosn for a lot of stars, bad diet (i.e salt etc) It sholdn't matter whether they have it or not - i still think they look good. It's part of being a female. I doubt VERY much they've been made to look worse than they do more that the papers ahve waited to get the least glamours shot they could!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!