Before & During 50lbs down

Options

Replies

• therealaubrey
    therealaubrey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't have a clue Ü I used to be that way before I found this site. I didn't have a clue how overweight I was and how many calories I as consuming. I can definitely tell a difference in your pictures though! If it helps, I have had several people comment that they could tell I've lost "some weight". Then I tell them it was 45 pounds and they are in disbelief! They probably didn't think I had that much to lose---since we all carry a little differently.
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and you can definitely see you lost more than 10lbs!!You inspired me!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Can really see how your body has changed.

Forget that co-worker's comment, some people just like to rain on everyone's parade.

You're doing great, keep it going!
    :drinker:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you.U look amazing!!
    jane
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You look great!! keep up the good work.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    you look amazing, you can tell you have lost alot keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • jdn5257
    jdn5257 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well that was rude, probably someone who has never had to challenge herself, sorry you had to hear that I think you look great.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep up the great work!!! :smile:
  • TheeSunShine75
    TheeSunShine75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great and thank you for sharing your pic it is a great motivation tool!
  • vintagegirl3
    vintagegirl3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep going and don't let your co-workers jealousy stop you.
  • hrls83
    hrls83 Posts: 46
    Options
    WOW! Thank you all for such positive comments! I wish I had the time to reply to each one of you, but I dont. I was hesitant to put my story up because I do not consider myself a success just yet. I am getting there, but right now I am just in between where I was and where I want to be.

I am not sure if her comment was jealousy, she is a pretty thin woman... I think some of you might be right when you say maybe she doesnt know what 10lbs lost looks like. I didnt really think of that. I was just so side tracked by the response I got.

To be told I inspire some of you blows my mind! Never in a million years would I have thought I could do that for people.

To those just starting out, on a platu or struggling, just remember NEVER GIVE UP!! If you fall off the band wagon, give yourself a day or two and get back on!

I still struggle with falling off. I am actually recovering from a 10 free for all. I had both our cars crap out on me last thursday the 13th, my husband is deployed and I have been bumming rides and getting fast food when I can because it was something easy to grab on the way to and from work....(mostly subway but I did have chickfila once and wafflehouse last night)

Today I woke up feeling like ****. I thought about it and decided today would be the day I get back on the wagon. I did not like feeling like this. I much prefer to wake up and feel healthy and energized! But even after 10 days of eating like crap every single day I did not over do it and only gained 3lbs from what I weighed in at on that thursday morning. And I will pretty much guarantee you it is water weight and will come back off in no time!

To those of you asking how I did it, here is my background info:

At first I started doing low carb and walking the dogs, lost 10ish lbs but found I was not eating very healthy and had to change something so I made the switch to eating clean. I gave up pop for water! I only drank diet, but knew it still had to go! Nothing with sugar, artificial sweeteners, or ingredients I could not pronounce. I am not a huge fan of salt, but if I had been that would of gone too. I avoid pretty much anything that comes in a box, a can or a bag, that has a drive through or commercial - it is all veggies, nuts fruit, lean meat and fish with a little dairy here and there. I also make my own fresh veggie/fruit (think V8 but green) juice and have at least 1 10oz green juice a day.

We live on a TIGHT budget of $130 every 2 weeks for groceries so I dont buy organic but WISH I could along with hormone free, cage free dairy and meats!

I count calories, 1500-1600 a day (PLEASE! do not think you have to starve yourself to lose weight!!!!).

I run/walk 2 miles a day (still working my way up to being able to run the full 2 miles with no walking but I am a smoker and weening my way off that) outside when it is not raining (I hate hate hate the treadmill) When I first started running I could not go for more than 30 seconds without stopping and feeling like I was dying. Now I can go for a solid 5 min! WOO HOO!! I just take it day by day and push myself a little further everytime I get out there!

And lastly, before I moved to GA 6 weeks ago I was hitting the weights 3x a week but since moving I have not found the time to join a gym yet.... or one that I can afford. Lately I have been doing situps, flutter kicks, russian twists, side bends and various other ab work at home. I have a set of 8lb dumbells and a 10lb medicine ball I work with. And I do some light yoga for 15-20 min right when I get up and right before going to bed.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Ummmm I think your co-worker may need glasses. You can see a huge change, great job; keep on keepin' on.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Thanks for your post -- it's inspiring!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    That's SO obnoxious. I think a lot of people have no concept of what weight loss of x number of lbs really looks like. And I especially think that is true for smaller people...if you weigh 130 and go to 120, then yeah it will be a difference like what you show in your photos. But it's different when you're bigger to begin. DUH, to people like her. Anyway, you definitely look fantastic. Don't listen to foolishness like that :-)
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If anyone sees this and has been or is struggling, DONT GIVE UP! I am the worlds laziest person, I fall off the band wagon A LOT! I HATE being sweaty and my husband and I live on a very tight budget of $130 for groceries every 2 weeks. If I can find 40 min to get off my *kitten* and break a sweat a day and If I can budget our money for clean healthy eating you can too!

Just remember never give up! Just keep going! It pretty much comes down to how bad do you want it?

^These words are very helpful for people making excuses like they don't have enough time and/or money. No excuse in the world will keep you from reaching your goals if you want something badly enough. Your pics and story are very inspirational. Seriously, don't let the haters keep you from continuing this journey. You clearly lost a nice amount of weight, and you have a lot of reasons to feel proud.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Good job!
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!. Your coworker sound jealous of your success. Don't listen to her.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look great - I'll bet you feel so healthy and happy now! Tell that hater that she's lookin' tired - has she gained weight lately or is that just a bad outfit she's wearing?
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing. What your co-worker meant is that even when you were 50lbs heavier you didn't look that fat. I am about that weight and much bigger. But you look much fitter now. Keep it up!!!
  • shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look great. Thank you so much for sharing, this is the exact kind of motivation I needed to get myself back on track. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!