Easy Oven Veggies :-)

ChristyDPierce
ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi All,

I have found a new favorite thing to do:

It makes a good bit, not sure of calories because it depends on how much you use. The following is what I used this weekend.

2 Medium Zucchini
2 medium size yellow squash
15-20 small to medium mushrooms (any kind)
2 bell peppers
2 onion
extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)

chop it all up into chunks and put on a large pan. drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on it and use your hands to mix it all up. Then take some of Mrs. Dash seasoning (i use the garlic/onion) and the (original) and sprinkle some over all of the vegetables until well coated. Put your oven on 400 degrees and put them in there for about 20-30 minutes depending on how soft you want them. I did this TWICE this weekend. I LOVED IT! The only thing that is really calories is the olive oil. YUMMY! :love:

Replies

• Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Sounds good! I"m always looking for tastey veggie recipes
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    I do this with sweet potatos also and it rocks!!!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    That sounds great thanks!!! I am tired of just steaming zuchinni and yellow squash...i am going to try this tonight :)
  • This sounds delish and it just so happens I have some yummy vege's from the garden! Thanks! :)
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    ooohhh, i didn't think about adding sweet potatos! hahahhaa, yay! :drinker:
  • use just sweet potatoes and cut them like french fries. spray your pan with pam, and lay the sweet potatoes out, spray the sweet potatoes with pam and sprinkle with sea salt and garlic and roast. they are DIVINE!!! be careful not to eat too much.

I also do this with fresh okra. except I use Tony chaceries (sp?) as the seasoning.

Fresh and frozen (long) green beans work really well too.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    bump - that sounds tasty!
This discussion has been closed.