Green Smoothie 30 day Challenge day 2

Options
Okay so today was my second day of my Green smoothie challenge which consist of Kale, Spinach, a cup of frozen fruit, Fresh banana, and water. The Smoothie takes the place of my meals each day. I have seen GREAT results on youtube and I wanted to know has anyone tired this before? Were you successful with losing weight? Is there any tips that can be shared to make this challenge easier.

Replies

• vaironika
    vaironika Posts: 36
    Options
    Green Smoothies are awesome! i have one every day for breakfast to get in my fruit and veggies first thing! This sounds like a good cleansing diet but i wouldn't do it for over a week because you still need to get more nutrients like protein and healthy fats into your system to function properly. If its too hard i would actually stop this challenge, still have your green smoothies though but try adding some other nutrient dense foods to meet your nutrient requirements. Weight goals are met better with a lifestyle change rather than quick fixes and you'll be less stressed and the health benefits and weight loss will actually last longer.
  • Bouneschlupp
    Bouneschlupp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I ade my very first green smoothie just yesterday and I was amazed about how good it tasted. I used a banana, a cup of frozen tropical fruit mix, some strawberries and broccoli and mushrooms, this was what I had on hand in my kitchen. (Yesterday was my country's national celebration day and all the shops were closed)
    So today I went straight to the supermarket during my lunchtime and bought 2 bags full of greens. I have never eaten green salad in my life. In fact just the thought of eating some lettuce made me nearly trow up. But now: easy peasy: the fruits in the smoothie just mask the taste of the greens!
    Today my meals consisted of a liter of green smoothies and some hard boiled eggs. After shopping I boil them in advance so I can grab them as I need them during the week. A second thing I am mostly impressed by is the immediate feeling of fullness and that I din't crave anything sweet during the day.
    For now I'm planning to continue with the green smoothies and hope to see some serious results til the end of the week.

(pardon my spelling mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker)