So I can eat pizza every night?

Options
So according to MFP I am 200 calories spare on today depite the fact I ate a 500 calorie chocolate bar and a 200 calorie pizza. XD

I have my level set as lightly active despite the fact my job is quite physically active, kennel maid.

Equally for my job I have to cycle for an hour just to get there and the same to get home so I am racking up extra calories on the counter from that.

So far I have changed nothing about how much/what I eat and MFP is saying I should be losing weight!

How right or wrong can this possibly be? I have no scales to confirm it but I have lived like this for a year and I am pretty sure my weight has not moved from around the 10 stone/ 140 pound range maybe I have swapped some fat for muscle but nothing noticable.

Any help???

*EDIT* found out I have wrong colorie count for the pizza off to do more excercise now -fail-

Replies

• Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say unless you've been weighing/tracking everything you eat so we can see exactly how much you've been eating.

If you haven't gained or lost any weight, you've most likely been eating enough calories to maintain.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    200 cals for a pizza sounds LOW! What is this brand :)

Maybe you don't burn as much as you think you do during the day?
  • wolfspeaker9
    wolfspeaker9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I made my food diary viewable for everyone not sure XD

I suspect that MFP might be over estimating the number of calories I have burned today which is why I left 200 spare
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Had pizza for dinner last night and will have leftovers tonight. However, one slice is 330 calories. I'd double check your calories just to be safe.
  • wolfspeaker9
    wolfspeaker9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    right on the money there michele I went and checked the box its 200 calories per 100g not the whole pizza *fail*

next time I need to check lables rather than just let MFP tell me

off to do more excercise then XD
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think I made my food diary viewable for everyone not sure XD

I suspect that MFP might be over estimating the number of calories I have burned today which is why I left 200 spare

Did you burn 614 (estimated) calories in addition to your biking to and activity at work? You should not log activities that you've already included in your lifestyle.

But if you've been doing something for years and not losing, but MFP is esitmating that you need to do exactly what you've been doing, then obviously the estimates are wrong. You can adjust them through the 'Goals' tab at the top. Or just set your activity level lower than it really is. Remember this is just an internet program based on average estimates. Individual results may vary.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    a vege toping medium pizza is usually 200 and a large around 300 cals .... i usually eat pizza once a week