Forgot my lunch

Options
Help...I am at work with out a car and work off of a very busy highway so it isn't safe to walk...I forgot to pack a lunch and all I have available is vending machine food,

Do I skip lunch?
Get something from the vending machine and just exercise more?

Advice please :)

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I would skip it, but that's me; I do 16:8 sometimes and have given up day time snacks so I am conditioned to it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to skip, so just do the best you can, then have a salad for tea!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something, even vending machine food, just be sure to log it. Granola bar? Nuts? Something that seems slightly healthier than the rest of it. If you don't eat anything you may very well crash later and overeat.
  • stvprod
    stvprod Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There was a study posted today... (heard it on Serius radio), that you can eat two meals a day, and still lose weight, supposedly better, than eating 6 meals a day... Again, I heard it on the radio, will try to find it and post it here later. For what its worth, If you are not too hungry, Skip it and make up the meal later given you are within you calorie goals. If you are ravenouse, just choose the best option from the machine. :?
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nuts, pretzels, trail mix, granola, peanut butter crackers - your vending machine probably has something that's an ok-once-in-a-while snack. Is there a coworker who is headed out to lunch who could pick something up for you on their way back?
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There was a study posted today... (heard it on Serius radio), that you can eat two meals a day, and still lose weight, supposedly better, than eating 6 meals a day... Again, I heard it on the radio, will try to find it and post it here later. For what its worth, If you are not too hungry, Skip it and make up the meal later given you are within you calorie goals. If you are ravenouse, just choose the best option from the machine. :?

Somebody was talking about it earlier. It was a very small, diabetic study that compared two big meals early in the day (the researches said it confirmed 'breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper') to 6 small meals.
  • MrsM0053
    MrsM0053 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So far, I am skipping but I may not last 4 more hours :wink:

Everyone I work with packs their lunches - we work in a very crappy area for commuting to get something although everything is near by. It just takes 30 minutes or more to get to a restaurant.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We'll it won't help you for today but may I suggest that you keep some healthy choices in your desk/fridge at work for the next time this happens? Things like crackers, rice cakes, small cans of tuna, string cheese, cans of beans etc
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I tend to keep a fiber one bar or something similar in my purse. It's there if I need it and doesn't take up much room.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Eat something so later on you are not eating everything in site.
    I always pack a couple extra protein bars and leave them at my desk just in case I forget my lunch.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS SKIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.. I would never choose a vending machine. But I do keep meal bars in at work for those days when I have an emergency and can not get to food--or the RIGHT food