I don't think I've ever looked better - 10kg/22lb down

Options
SpecialSundae
SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
I was a chubby child. Not on the scale of some kids today but I liked my food.

I was a fat teenager. Not obese but certainly bigger than average and absolutely horrified at gym (fat, unfit and bullied tend to put a girl off).

I got even fatter in my early 20s. At the point that I came out of a bad relationship at 22, I looked like this:

3239266_9997.jpg

That was a bit of a wake-up call. I got a personal trainer and lost quite a bit of weight doing cardio and bodyweight exercises.

Then I got a new job and let it slip. I slowly got fatter again.

In January, I decided it was time to get my act together and get fit. I signed up to a personal training programme at work, based around machine weights, with the promise to myself that I'd follow in SaraUK2SF and LorinaLynn's footsteps and take up the barbell as soon as possible.

Here's my progress so far:

96L_5W.gif

Or side by side:

RKqD0gul.jpg

I've lost 10kg and more than 5" from my waist and I've dropped three dress sizes.

I started with a progressive machine weights programme three times a week with some walking and machine cardio.

I then took up running alongside that programme - doing Zombies Run 5k.

After a nasty calf injury, I switched to barbell weights (StrongLifts 5x5) alongside some circuits classes and eventually running again.

I started out with just 20kg on most of my lifts in early April, as of last week these are my working weights:

Squat - 60kg (132lb)
Bench - 42.5kg (93.5lb)
Deadlift - 70kg (154lb)
OHP - 35kg (77lb) - was meant to be 37.5kg (82.5lb) but for some reason it wasn't happening
Row - 35kg (77lb)

I'm still working on running but it's getting there and the results are so worth it!

mzQtVmil.jpg

u977Jifl.jpg

TDbVa6sl.jpg

Now to the point... What have I been eating?

I eat around 2000 calories a day. I eat meat and vegetables and grains and dairy and eggs and ice cream...

I eat whatever I like within reason!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!