Lunch for those who have no lunch hour?

Options
I never get a break at work, which I don't object to because I get paid throughout the day - but working as a waitress I need something quick to eat which is filling and will keep me going - oh, and the food we serve is beyond unhealthy! -_- All suggestions are welcome :)

Replies

• wolfspeaker9
    wolfspeaker9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking forwar to seeing the replies to this as well!
    While I technically get a half hour lunch break, as in I am not paid for half an hour ><, I rarely actually get to stop and sit down to take it
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great when you are on the go without much time to sit and eat. I like banana, skim milk, chia seeds and protein powder but you can mix and match what you like. There are some good green smoothies with spinach and kale -just watch out for the ones with too much fruit juice they seem to give me a sugar rush then a crash.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    wraps, lots of picky foods (veggies, nuts, cheese, crackers, etc) and protein shakes
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest shakes or smoothies. It's probably is the quickest way to consume a nutritious meal.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Big fan of premier protein bars when you need the cals and the protein. Fills me up, along with a shake.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had a similar job (delivering pizzas), and I kept all kinds of finger foods in my car so I wouldn't be tempted to get drive-thru or eat pizza. I had a few little baggies of cheese cubes, apple slices, almonds, celery with peanut butter, raisins, and stuff like that. Sometimes I'd roll up lunch meat with a slice of cheese. I also made little pinwheels that were diced apples, raisins, and peanut butter.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I waitressed for quite a few years, Eat before you go to work and drink lots of water while working. Most restaurants you aren't allowed to keep your own food out or in the refrigerator. I would always make little snacks from the salad station, a piece of bacon or a small cup of soup from the restaurant. Or stash a protein bar in your apron. Good luck and hopefully you'll be too busy over lunch hour making $$$ that you wont even feel the hunger! :)