Stand up work stations

Options
A good friend and co-worker of mine just bought a stand up work station. I'm curious if anyone out there has had success with one of these. I'm sick of sitting on my butt all day at my "desk" job!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63967643@N03/9125419241/

Replies

• DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a stand up work station but I also have a high chair to go with it. I probably stand 50-60% of the day. Helps keep my legs from getting stiff.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    In my last job they gave me a keyboard holder connected to my desk, that would adjust so I could stand up part of the day. It was awesome!!!

When I work from home, I often set things up so I can stand part of the day.
  • badgergrrl
    badgergrrl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Ergotron workfit stand. It's the best of both worlds, I love it.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    I have used one and they are ok, they kill my back though (standing kills my chronic low back issue - walking good - standing bad)
  • kkittle
    kkittle Posts: 4
    Options
    I really need to just get up and walk more. The thought of not having to sit all day is appealing though. The one he got will adjust so you can sit or stand. I can't figure out how to get the picture to post though.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    im on the phone a lot of the day. considering standing up while I am on calls to see how that goes. I could even get some steps in to up my fit bit. LOL
  • revbudlong
    Options
    I am said Friend and Co-Worker:-) First day of having it and I kind of like it. Something unexpected is that I feel better mentally. I feel busier, more productive, and just a little more positive. Something about slouching in a chair at 3:00 PM that can be even more tiring.
    Scott