Where should I go for Lunch?

Options
Anyone have any recommendations for some healthy picks at any of these places?

I have a Panera Bread, Chipotle, Habit Burger, Burger King, Starbucks nearby.

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Chipotle. If you have a Chipotle nearby it's always that. Panera Bread as a close second. I really like their soup.
  • tikkathyme
    tikkathyme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Panera has some great low-calorie options and is my pick for a relatively healthy chain restaurant meal. A cup of soup and 1/2 a sandwich (depending on which you choose) is around 400 calories.

I think I usually get the regular turkey sandwich and a cup whatever soup sounds good. The one near me has calories on the menu which is great, MFP database has almost everything as well.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    panera and get the bbq chopped chicken salad!
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chipotle! get brown rice instead of cilantro rice. no sour cream or guacamole. i'm low carb so I also try to stay away from the tortillas and the corn.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    I came to suggest sushi but it doesn't look like an option. Doh!
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Panera - choose the vegetable pesto soup or black bean, they are the lowest in cals. I also really like the thai chopped salad too but don't know the nutritional info. They have all that on their website :) Enjoy!
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Panera, then Chipotle in second.
    Both are loaded with sodium no matter what you get, so try to drink lots of water in the coming days to flush it out.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Chipotle--salad with light cheese and sour cream. Still has great flavor!

Panera-Asian chicken salad, no wontons!!

Both delish. I'm jealous now.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love a Chipotle burrito bowl! I get half chicken, half steak, brown rice, black beans, corn salsa, hot salsa, fajita veggies. Mmmm
  • ECos81
    ECos81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chipolte burrito bowl, brown rice, black beans, veggies, chicken, salsa. No cheese or sour cream! Its filling and tatsty!
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, I get a salad, with brown rice, black beans, double steak, veggies, sour cream and cheese!!!
    It's sooo addicting though!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Chipotle.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken cool wrap from Chick Fil A for 330 calories and a water....super filling
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Options
    I love Chipotle (salad, no dressing, chicken, black beans, hot sauce and mild sauce, and a side of guacamole), but Panera Bread has a new secret low-cal menu that may be available at your store.

Here's the link from my blog: http://www.cuttingmeinhalf.com/2013/02/panera-breads-introduces-low-calorie.html
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Of everything you listed, the only one I have in my town is a Burger King.

When I go there I get the veggie burger, hold the mayo, with a side salad and use my own dressing. It's all right for one meal in the day.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    panera ( brocoli and cheese soup with bread) under 500 calories and 5 bucks!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Panera bread - IF you order off their hidden menu. I usually get steak lettuce wraps and a French onion soup NO cheese NO crouton and, of course, the apple on the side with an unsweetened iced tea :bigsmile: OHHHH SO GOOD!

http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

Also, they have an interactive menu planner so you can see what you calories, etc are before you go :drinker:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I went to chipotle the other day and got a veggie burrito bowl- no rice. It had black beans, lettuce, tomato, corn, the green salsa and the fajita veggies. 260 calories and filled me up. Loaded with sodium though, but most fast food is. I haven't been to panera in a few years, but the have the soups and salads.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Just came back from lunch at Panera. Delish! Had a cup of summer corn chowder and half a napa chicken salad sandwich, all for around 400 calories. There are some healthier choices as far as the sandwich goes (yummy salads, for one), but I'm feeling tired and I needed a splurge (and I can only eat about 2/3 of a Pick Two anyway.)