Do you burn inches before pounds???

Options
The scale doesn't seem to be moving very much but I'm doing a tonne of exercise. Could I be losing inches rather than pounds?

Replies

• abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    you burn pounds before inches...

the simple rule of weight loss is that to reduce weight you have burn more calories than you consume....only then can you loose weight
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    Yeah I know that you need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight :-)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements? Take a sewing measuring tape and record the measurements under the My Home tab, in Weigh in. Create also entries for neck, thigh, calf, navel point waist, wrist, forearm, under the breast area. When you take measurements, do not pull the tape as tight as you can. When it reaches the other end without pulling, that's the measured point to record.
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements :( ill do it today.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they both happen simultaneously.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have lost no weight in the last 2 months but have lost 2. 5 inches on my waist and a full pant size. I would take measurements.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options

no sir, waistline reduction is much slower than weight reduction
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Why not? You could be simultaneously burning pounds and gaining muscle mass. That would result, after a while, in a visible change in your figure, but not necessarily in weight loss. Go and see what the measuring tape says!

I’ve had a lazy stretch this winter: exercised far less than I used to and overate consistently. As a result, two pairs of jeans don’t fit me anymore and my love handles have grown, yet my weight has remained the same. Muscle mass disappeared, fat took its place. I put on inches, but not pounds. It works the other way around, too. :frown:
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Appsolutely, particularly if you have not done much exercise before, you body can adapt, it will firm up and build core muscles and muscles in general , this can happen at pace with fat loss or even at a faster rate, and muscle is denser, it weighs more than fat, so in other words your body composition will change and you may find you reach a platoe where the weight loss appears to stall, but remember you are getting gradually firmer and fitter, you are like a sculpture chiseling away the fat with hard work, don't lose heart press on, its not a diet its a new lifestyle, don't get too focused on the scales.

Best of luck
  • cateyez39
    cateyez39 Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you use the weight loss scale to show up on your page
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have only lost inches. Over 10 of them, scale says I have lost 2 pounds. Inches > weight.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    60 lbs lost so far, and I always lose inches before I see them come off on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing. :-)
  • RilusMaximus
    RilusMaximus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You can gain weight and loose fat (theoretically) though that would be a difficult task and only temporary. When you raise the percentage of lean muscle weight in the body, it will raise your metabolism. If you are seeing changes in your body, but less evidence in the scale, worry not, and keep going! Keep that stride up! Nothing burns fat like increasing metabolism and muscle-mass.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

no sir, waistline reduction is much slower than weight reduction

Wouldn't 't that depend on the individual?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    * forget it.