First before & after! Work in progress. :)

Options
micheleb15
micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
A work in progress; my goal is to be around 23% body fat and strong, currently 28%. This is 4 months of work, 2-5 pounds lost (fluctuates daily) and over 10 inches lost. I workout 3-4 times a week doing Insanity and lifting. I haven't started heavy lifting since my dumbbells only go up to 20 pounds each, but Stronglifts is next. I currently eat between 1600-1900 calories a day.

This photo was a huge help today, last week was one of those "I don't feel like I look different" weeks. I am 5'3 started at 155, currently around 153-151. I don't really weigh myself, but do take measurements and BF.

This was honestly a harder battle than I anticipated. I did WW 3 years ago and lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. I was hungry a lot, this was before fruits and veggies were 0 points. This time I decided I wanted to make a change that would be for life. Something that I wasn't on a constant countdown to. My diets in the past, I was always saying "only two more weeks before this event, then I can eat normal again". I got tired of it, it wasn't a life.

I found MFP and spent a lot of time researching TDEE, nutrition, exercise, etc. I want to be informed, then I realized all it comes down to is calories in vs calories out. I eat ice-cream, pizza, pop-tarts, and drink vodka, but I still see changes. This is the life that I have been wanting. Still enjoying days at baseball games eating nachos and drinking. Sure it's a slower process to lose BF% rather than weight, but strength and keeping my lean mass was/is my ultimate goal.

My advice is to take photos and measurements. Like a lot of people say, the scale lies.

I've never posted a photo on here, so hopefully it works.

0b307426-43c4-4ae1-8372-2be75bbb1fee_zps813c6786.jpg

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I see the photo in your profile picture, amazing change!
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Got the photo to work, finally.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, well done!
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a huge difference, amazing! That's my ultimate goal too - to be slim and strong and able to eat what I like really. :)
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, girl!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    SO proud of you, my dear! you look phenomenal (and tan!) :) xoxooxox
  • micheleb15
    Options
    SO proud of you, my dear! you look phenomenal (and tan!) :) xoxooxox

My bathroom has bad lighting, but it's good to know that my gradual tanner helps too. This Irish girl can't tan. :)
    20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Can I ask your work out routine?
    You're only an inch taller than me roughly the same weight. But my body is no where near as toned as yours.
    Really good job- and super that you're honest about your diet downs and ups x
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look amazing!
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome!!
  • micheleb15
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Can I ask your work out routine?
    You're only an inch taller than me roughly the same weight. But my body is no where near as toned as yours.
    Really good job- and super that you're honest about your diet downs and ups x

I really didn't have a "plan" that I followed. I tried to do Insanity 2-3 times a week. I would try to get some weight lifting in some mornings before work 2 times a week (only like 20 min) and then tried to stay active on the weekends. Hiking, going to the park and playing catch with my husband, Frisbee, etc. On days I didn't feel like Insanity I would do a barre class like Physique 57.

I am very good about sticking to my calories during the week (1600 a day). The weekend is another story. In all honesty, I would probably eat an extra 600-1000 calories on the weekend, but try to keep it check if I didn't work out. This is sustainable for my life, which is most important.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!