Trying to get the ball rolling!

Options
Hi Everyone!

It's been a long time since I've really tried to get back into shape and eat well and am realizing how hard it is to do it alone. A couple co-workers and I have a competition going where we weigh in every Friday and whoever losses the least (or gains the most), has to buy something for the other two (nothing fancy but nice).

This is fun and we're tracking it but it's not getting me where I want to be fast enough. But the competition is helpful for me - so admittedly, I'm partially hoping this website will give me the edge to winning :)

My goal is to lose 20lbs by Nov. 1 - this is a lofty goal but I really think I can accomplish it if I put a plan in place and really stick to it. My best friend is getting married and I'm her maid of honor. Also, a former flame is going to be there and the last time I saw him he told me I looked older so I don't want to hear him say I look older AND fatter!!

I'm really excited to get busy and after browsing the site, I know this is going to be very helpful.

And if anyone has any exercises they really recommend for belly busting and toning upper arms, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I found that Zumba has been a huge help for me and one of my "teachers" introduced me to doing it with weights which takes an already insane workout to a new level. If you go to zumba.com you can find classes near you, they are way more helpful than the DVD's. If you've never seen it you can go on you tube and type in Zumba and you can see some of the dances.

Good luck again and you're welcome to friend me if you think I can be any help :)
  • kimannette1
    Options
    Thanks Kellie!! I will check it out tonight! Exercise has never been fun for me so I'm anxious about starting something but I KNOW it will be worth it!!

How much coordination does Zumba take? I'm naturally clumsy and awkward :)
  • jenny2x
    jenny2x Posts: 7
    Options
    You can totally lose 20 lbs by November! I have almost 60 lbs to lose. You will find lots of encouragement and motivation on this site. Add me as a friend if you want. I've been lifting weights and have really gotten into healthy cooking. I'd love to swap diet and exercise tips!