Looking for some active low carb female friends!

Options
Hi everyone....

I'm trying LC/Keto after losing 100 pounds since 2010, but not losing an ounce over the past year! I've actually gained some weight because I started fueling my body properly. Before, I ate 1000-1300 calories and went to the gym 5-6 days per week. Was losing NOTHING. I found Eat More To Weigh Less, and now I normally eat over 2200 calories most days. I can maintain with around 3000/ day if I don't overdo the carbs. I'm pretty active at my job. I cut back the gym and try to get in 3 days per week.

I had suspected Insulin resistance for some time now. I crave carbs like crazy and have most of the symptoms. My very endomorph-ish and low carb is recommended for that body type. I' ve tried LC in the past and ended up dropping out around day 2.5.

I started Low Carb at the beginning of the month and I am down 11 pounds from 210 to 199. FINALLY!! Even if it was just water weight, I'm happy with it. I've had 3 weekends of overdoing carbs, but mostly I stay on track. After my anniversary next weekend, I'm going to be more strict and go under 20g/ day for a bit. But I can generally stay in ketosis even at 50g/day if I eat the right things.

I'm looking for some fellow female low carbers! No offense guys, but I try to stick with girls on here.

Sooooo.... feel free to add me and I hope to meet some new people. :)

ETA: Before anyone starts ditching low carb diets.... I don't plan to eat just meat. I eat lots of veggies, nuts, etc. For the past year I've been eating "well" (ie "good carbs" like beans, lentils, etc with occasional dessert) and going to the gym 5+ days per week. I've actually GAINED 10 pounds and have been fluctuating around the same weight for 6 months. Low carb takes some adjustment, and maybe it's not for everyone, but it is what is working for me. :)

Replies

• tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi i'm trying to cut back on carbs because it has been ages since i lost some weight
    i use about 1200 kcal a day and i am active enough so hopefully i can maintain excercising
    you can add me if you like perhaps we can support each other..
  • HulaHawaiiGirl69
    HulaHawaiiGirl69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aloha,

I am on a sugar free and flour free food plan. Feel free to add me!! Carbs are my enemy!! even complex carbs slow my weight loss.... maybe when I reach my goal weight, maybe later, maybe not. Loving my new plan, fruit, veggys and protein. Yay!

45780886.png