Where do you shop for your 'not quite there yet' clothes?

Options
I need to go clothes shopping tomorrow, but it's not much fun when you're not the size you want to be yet. What are some of your favorite clothing stores? Casual everyday clothes and professional clothes for work...

Replies

• NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I do consignment shops and that like, we have 2 upscale ones within half an hour of here, and a few middle range ones too. Our capital town also has a huge goodwill with brand new tags still on clothes. But I still buy my undies and bras new :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Two words: good will. I actually do most of my clothes shopping there, regardless of weight....
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's, Kohl's (when they have good sales). I have also found a local dry cleaner that does awesome alterations. It's well worth it if you've got really nice stuff that just needs to be taken in a couple of sizes. I also love thrift stores. :)
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Target, Kohl's, and a place called D.E.B. I don't go crazy, my wardrobe that fits right now is very small but the prices at those 3 places are low enough that I don't feel remorse when I shrink and no longer wear what I bought a couple months ago.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Haven't done the shopping thing yet- BUT I've been checking various places-

my favorites have been consignment shops (there's a chain in Atlanta called Plato's closet) and
    would you believe Goodwill :noway: YEP- was there last week, they really had some good deals, and
    the clothes were stylish and barely worn!!!

Happy Shopping!!!
  • ckahler
    ckahler Posts: 4
    Options
    Target or Kohls when they have good sales but fir me it is mostly the Goodwill great way to get those in between cloths. this way when I hit my goal weight i will get to splurge on somthing really great
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I had been needing a few things and today I went on to check out Fashion Bugs website, they have a great clearance sale going on. I got some shirts for $5/each. I even bought a couple of holiday gifts (yes I have started shopping already). It was great for me to get some thing for fall which seems to be coming on quick here.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I did the thrift stores in the upper income neighbor hoods.
    I found close that still had the tags on them.
    Then when you shrink out of them you can donate them back.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Consignment shops and Goodwill, Baby! Until I get where I want to be, weight-wise, there is no way on God's green earth that I will even THINK about spending those awful prices on clothes. Hey, come to think of it, I NEVER HAVE paid those prices for my clothes!

I always luck out at the consignment shops! Good luck, it's definitely hit or miss! You just need to be a savvy shopper!

Have fun!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the consignment shops and thrift stores. Really the way to go. And I've found very nice stuff at yard sales, I got a very nice business style suit for $3. Couldn't tell it had ever been worn.

It's also a good way to shop ahead for the next size down. If I find something that's just a little tight I go ahead and buy it for later. At those prices I can do that.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I only shop online now....

But, this place has been good to me, For both men and women

http://www.onestopplus.com/Default.aspx

They hem my jeans to the length I need.

By the end of the year I hope to be shopping a regular store.
  • byrdhouse2006
    Options
    I must agree that consignment shops are the best. Have fun shopping tomorrow :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. They always have a good clearance selection. Now is a good time since fall clothes are out, you can probably get summer clothes on sale! :happy:
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Good WIll if I pick thru and find some jeans.

Sometimes Walmart.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Reitmans, but it's hard to know what side of the store I need to shop in. I am smack in the middle between plus and regular sizes. I grew up in goodwill stores, I donate but I feel deprived in them. I know I should think of it as recyling, but after all those years going to school in cloths that were not in style and obviously second hand, and being made fun of, I have a hard time with it mentaly. Maybe I will get over it.