Toning/strength training DVDs

Options
I think I may have most of Jillian Michael's DVDs. I'm not too interested in the high cardio ones at the moment as I do a couple of cardio classes at the gym. I'm instead trying to figure out how to get the best results (toning) in the shortest amount of time without overdoing it. How often should I do each DVD?

In terms of toning DVDs I have:

6 Week Six-pack
Killer Buns and Thighs
No More Trouble Zones

I also have Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength which looks good but I have yet to try! I have read about the benefits of lifting for females so figured the DVDs would be a good way to start. Should I be trying to follow the 'work a different muscle group each day' rule?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "toning."

You say you've read about the benefits of lifting for females and are interested but those DVDs are not "lifting."

Are you actually interested in lifting weights?
  • honeyvee89
    honeyvee89 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "toning."

You say you've read about the benefits of lifting for females and are interested but those DVDs are not "lifting."

Are you actually interested in lifting weights?

A couple of the DVDs have sections that use dumbbells. Seems like a good starting point for me as I have minimal upper body strength atm! Figured I could start and then gradually increase the weight used.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you really want to work on body comp (which is done with weights)....look into NROLFW, Stronglifts, Starting Strength, and Wendler. Figure which you'd like to try and go for it.

If you are lacking equipment, you can also check out You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning.