I have broken the over 100 pounds to lose barrier.

Options
I am new to MFP and I finished filling out my goals when I realized that I only have 91 pounds to go. For years I have been depressed telling myself that I am over 100 pounds over weight and I would probably never get it off. Today I see that I am below that 100 pound mark and I am dang proud of it. Anyone else have something similar they have found by joining?

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    congrats!! it's always a boost to hit landmark goals :-)

keep at it and good luck!
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations what a fantastic goal to have broken! Keep up the amazing work!
  • cmwells1993
    Options
    Thank you I am super excited. I have been stalled for a few months but now I am getting back on track.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I remember 6 years ago giving away bags and bags of clothes, saying to myself, I will never be back to the size I once was. I told myself I was in my 30s, I am kidding myself to think I will be back down to the size I was when I was in my 20s.

I started my new healthy lifestyle in September of 2007. I took my profile picture last Tuesday. I am almost 45 years old and today I look BETTER than I did in my 20s. Its all because I did not give up. I slipped, I fell, I picked myself up and started all over again with my very next CHOICE, not "oh I will start again on Monday" .

For years I was so unhappy, and like Dorothy, I had the power with in myself to change everything the whole time. Glad I did.

Believe in you, you will never regret it. :flowerforyou:
  • cmwells1993
    Options
    Wow Lesa good job! Your legs look fantastic. I gave away a lot of my clothes from highschool when I was a size 9 thinking I would never be able to get back there but I did keep one pair of grey pants. Those pants are my symbol. The day I can wear them is going to make me very happy. You look fantastic, awesome job!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

You can do this, we will help.

Just remember, your life is all about making the next right choice.

I stopped logging food when I switched to clean eating last fall (chronic pain issues, cutting out processed and refined foods helped lessen my pain levels) but I do have a healthy cooking page on facebook. Please feel free to check it out. I have lots of pictorial recipes and alternative ideas to make healthy foods taste good: https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet

Feel free to send me a FR. I will be happy to stand beside you on this journey. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!