YOGA DVD Recommendations

Options
Hello All, I can't afford to take Yoga classes at $20 a class where I live, Can anybody recommend a yoga dvd set to me? I'm kinda beginner but would like something that gets increasingly more challenging.
Thank you!

Replies

• Cortln
    Cortln Posts: 5
    Options
    Did anyone ever respond to you? I am looking for the same thing.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm looking to start yoga soon and need a good routine.
  • searching4myserenity
    Options
    I do Lifelift it's very much like yoga but better in my opinion it is a breathing technique that helps you lose weight also I find it very relaxing.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    doyogawithme.com
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a ton of yoga and am by no means an expert, but I just got the Jillian Michael Yoga Meltdown (at Target for $10-15) and I love it. It has fairly traditional yoga poses, but she added movement so you get a little cardio. It really works your muscles and there are two 30 videos for progression. (Disclaimer: Kinda a Jillian Michael fan-girl, so take this with a grain of salt:smile: )
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I find most yoga videos terribly annoying, but I really like Rodney Yee! He explains the poses well and isn't too cheesy. He has several DVDs that have various 20 minute practices, as well as longer classes. I have bought a few on amazon. Also, your local library may have yoga DVDs- you can try them out before buying.
  • ardisia32
    ardisia32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started with Yoga for Dummies with Sarah Ivanhoe. Very good instruction until you get used to it, and an intermediate (the Sun-Salute, 20 minutes) extra included. I believe the routines are on youtube as well.

The other one I've used is AM/PM Yoga for Weight-Loss (though I take the latter half of it's title with a grain of salt). I believe it's produced by Gaiam, and may also be on youtube. It has 2 routines, each about 20 minutes long. The only thing I don't like about this latter dvd is the use of yoga "extras" like a brick, strap & wedge. I improvise with stuff I have around the house (e.g. a pillow or towel, and an old bathrobe belt).

Hope that helps.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Did you look on YouTube for some free videos? I've found lots of exercise videos but haven't looked for yoga yet. Free is good :)
  • mclaugdeb
    mclaugdeb Posts: 1
    Options
    Try target they have several.