Muscle building advice and support!?

Options
I'm sorry for my million posts on here, but you guys just seem so smart when it comes to all this!! Haha, I hope you don't mind :p I do love to learn.

So I posted about wanting to learn to muscle build, that's my thing now. Well, it will be after I master how to maintain weight instead of continually losing.

I want to build muscle. That is my goal. So I was wondering about what people's routines are and what their calorie/food intake was like? Support that way! <3 I would ask people around here, but not many people here are into fitness and I'd rather have people who know.

Replies

• anatolian9
    anatolian9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In order to maintain your body weight and your hard earned muscles you have to find out what your maintenance calorie intake is and increase that by 500 calories in order to gain muscle. Make sure you're eating the big three(protein,fats,carbs) you must eat every three hours and make sure you take in good source of protein, good fats, and complex carbs. must lift more than you are comfortable with between 6-8 rep ranges( dont worry you wont look like a steroid taking female bodybuilder). feel free to send me a message if you have more detailed questions.
  • boxerdogsamy
    boxerdogsamy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What if you want to look like a female body builder? what advice would you have then?
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think you need to start off slow. Just get in there and start lifting. Ask around how you use equipment if you dont know to ensure you are doing it properly.

I am still in beginner mode, but I can see definition in my arms and legs! Also lost 3 inches since I started.

I will do 12-15 reps in sets of 3. I usually try to go up to the next level in weights to see how many I can do before I decide how much I am going to lift.