I'm new here

JohnTS
JohnTS Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is John and i started this about midnight and i'm not quite sure what finally pushed me to want to start losing weight, but whatever it is i thank it. I'm only 18 and I weigh 240 pounds. I guess im tired of the way that people would look at me and even the way people would avoid looking at me. I Don't exactly know where to start so if anyone has anything to say or tips to give i welcome it

Replies

• eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    all you have to do is enter in your food and exercise everday. The first day I did this, I ate like normal to see what exactly I was eating and I was amazed on how many cals I was eating in a day.:noway: So I just tweeked everthing until I was at my calorie goal or below.:smile:
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    WTG John, this place surprised me.
    One of the best features here is the positive feedback from other users. It's something a lot of people don't get, and may be a contributing factor to why they relapse into old behavior. So, don't be afraid to make friends here, I only had two that thought I was a weirdo so far.

Just start with the tools here.
    And remember, do this for yourself, not for others..
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Hi John, welcome to the site, not been on long myself, but just be 100% honest in what you are eating, try to make healthy choices and start exercising more and the weight will soon drop off. You are being very wise to start tackling your problem now because the longer you leave it the harder it is.
    Have a great week and good luck on your weight loss journey x
  • hey john! I'm 19 and I started this about a week ago. as far as starting, the first step is always the hardest and you've already conquered it by joining MFP. i would say just take it one day at a time and never give up on yourself. don't think of it as a "fat" or "skinny" thing, think of it as "healthy" or "unhealthy". if you want to be healthy, the weight loss will come with it because, let's face it, it's everyone's bad eating habits that brought them to this website in the first place. always keep in mind that the only person who has the power to change you is you and if you set your mind to it, you're definitely going to accomplish your goal! another thing, don't get intimidated by other people. it will happen, slowly but surely, and you will see and feel results :-) set a goal for yourself besides the weight loss. mine is running the chicago marathon next year and i definitely think i can do that after i lose my 40 lbs. if you ever need anything, and i mean ANYTHING, feel free to come to me. us young people gotta stick together!!!
  • JohnTS
    JohnTS Posts: 4
    Thank you everyone i never expected for supportive feedback, i guess life is full of surprises :smile:
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Welcome! You will love it here!
This discussion has been closed.