I am at my wits end...

Options
I am a former athlete that has had a hard time admitting that I have came along way from the 158 pounds I wrestled in college. Today, 30 years later, I weigh 280, but continue to be active. I ride about 2,000 miles a year on my bicycle, but at this weight, it has to end soon. I really need to lose weight. The strong person inside, is becoming overpowered by the excess weight.
I start a 7 day, 500 mile bicycle trip in 3 weeks. While I do not expect to lose any appreciable weight by then, but, I also don't want to enter the trip weak and low in muscle stores.
The weightless will begin when I get back, but I need help, I have lost a thousand pounds in the past and gained back 1,100. I'm too old to gut it out, I need real change
Who wants to keep me in line??????

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome Greg!!

MFP can change your life, as evidenced by my ticker. You will quickly find there are way more women on here than men. The good news is, the guys have created a thread just for them--started by a friend of mine. I am including a link. Once you post on it, it will be easy to find under the community tab >my topics. Good luck!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114354-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men-part-2?page=1#posts-1574311
  • Lissa170
    Lissa170 Posts: 15
    Options
    Greg,
    Welcome to MFP. I have only been a member a short time but I can tell you the support system is great. I was very athletic in my 20's and would love to have a small portion of that back. I am planning to do a mini-triathlon in July 2011 so I have my work cut out for me..since right now going from the couch to the kitchen is hard work.:)
    I joined a 20 pounds off by Halloween challenge. If your interested look in the topic section and it is there.
    Lissa
  • danadee
    danadee Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Greg,

The lifestyle change you want to make will not happen overnight, but you can do it! Choose to eat foods that will make your body feel better, food for fuel as they say. Good Luck! You can do it!

Dana