Well, I'm going to be a swimmer

Options
I used to love swimming so much as a kid! I just found out they offer masters swimming program around here, specifically for those above the age of 18. You can even enter competitions. Way cool!

I need a workout that I know I'll stick to, and something that motivates me. Practicing for entry into the club for the Fall will be a good start. I'm super stoked to go swim laps tomorrow!

Lynn :)

Replies

• IamBorg
    IamBorg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, go for it!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I joined my master swim club and love it. I ended up doing triathlons because of them (it was a goal, just didn't plan on doing one as soon as I did with their encouragement). I seem to be working for all the swim competitions so I haven't been able to do that.
    Have fun!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just started adult swim classes to learn how to swim to do it for exercise. I have had two classes and things are going ok. Still working on floating and learning to use my legs correctly so I move when I float and kick my legs. I do great floating on my back but not so good floating on my stomach. I have lost 145 pounds and I am finding it hard to float now! I guess the bigger you are the easier it is to float! It's a 8 week session so I don't know if I will be swimming at the end of the session but at least I tried. I am hoping I will be though.
    Good luck!