Sad

Options
I hate to be a downer, but, I'm so sad. It's finally hitting me that I'm hitting rock bottom. Most people on here have lost weight, and that's awesome! I have been on a roller coaster for a year now. Had some health problems that prevented me from working out. Anyways, with that and anxiety from not knowing what was wrong me, I have gained 30 lbs. I am 30 lbs from the highest weight I have ever been. I don't want to be a size 24 again, and I already went up from a 12 to a 16, a tight one at that. I'm embarassed, ashamed, and most of all disapointed that I let this happen. I don't feel like my happy self anymore. I even feel bad for my boyfriend, because he's been there through all of this, and he stays by my side, even though I always complain about being fat, but then do nothing about it. Im onm the site, but Im not really sticking to my calories anymore. I don't know how I got so weak! Sorry, had to rant a lil...thanks for reading.

Replies

• auntie_mush
    Options
    Hi there !

First of all don't feel sad.... you are not the only on who's not losing weight!
    I joined last week and managed to gain 1 kilo in just 2 days.... just because I did not feel good! :ohwell:

There are a lot of tricks to help you in this site - i decided to start over again yesterday and i found a lot of support!

Add friends, share your experiences.... you are not alone :smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Oh muffin I know how you feel. What you're trying to do isn't easy, but it is easy to let sadness and self doubt creep in. Maybe you need a little bit of tough love. Nobody is going to make you loose the weight but YOU. Be sad right now - that's fine - but slough that off and get it behind you. Think about the positives. You've already made tremendous strides, you're at least 4 dress sizes down right now! So what if you go over your calories one day. That is all it is - one day. Just making the effort to even log your food is a step in the right direction.

Make it happen, captain!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize.

Before I had both lungs collapse I was 10 pounds away from the pre-pregnancy weight and was starting to fit into some of my clothes only two months after my son was born.

I have severe asthma which really puts a hamper on me doing exercise on some days.

My son is now 2 and it's taken me this long to be able to get healthy, get off most of my steroids and start to work out.

I have never really eaten badly, but I do eat late. But since I was on heavy doses of steroids (60 mg a day!) it didn't matter how well I ate, I was going to retain that water and gain that weight. It was very, very frustrating. In my frustration I almost ended up in the hospital several times because I just wanted to work out and did work out when I wasn't' ready.

So now I'm 14 pounds lighter, but still at least 20 pounds away from being anywhere near by pre-pregnancy weight.

I will get there and so will you. Take it one day at a time and if you need any support, friend me.

I hope this helps.
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Hi, I went through exactly the same as you. For years I was sad and depressed about my weight not helped with the fact that I was bullied at school for it as well as by certain family members.
    But I pushed them away and told myself I can be better for me. We all have times where we feel as though there's no way of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I used to feel like that.
    But once I lost those first few pounds I realised actually it isn't as hard as I thought. I didn't do an immediate diet and cold turkey all the stuff I used to eat. I just cut it out or reduced it slowly and when I got to the point of "I Don't Need It" I was flying. I brought exercise into my daily routine (getting too and from work) so I enjoyed it and didn't feel like a chore (like it did when I went to the gym).
    Just keep asking yourself who it is you want to be, remember how you felt when you weighed what you used to weigh. Ask yourself is it worth losing the weight to feel that way again? YES IT IS! You can do it, you'll work through it we all do. Most of all we are all on this site working for the same goal. To be happy, healthy and most all to believe in yourself, that you can change if you want it enough. Good Luck.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize.

Before I had both lungs collapse I was 10 pounds away from the pre-pregnancy weight and was starting to fit into some of my clothes only two months after my son was born.

I have severe asthma which really puts a hamper on me doing exercise on some days.

My son is now 2 and it's taken me this long to be able to get healthy, get off most of my steroids and start to work out.

I have never really eaten badly, but I do eat late. But since I was on heavy doses of steroids (60 mg a day!) it didn't matter how well I ate, I was going to retain that water and gain that weight. It was very, very frustrating. In my frustration I almost ended up in the hospital several times because I just wanted to work out and did work out when I wasn't' ready.

So now I'm 14 pounds lighter, but still at least 20 pounds away from being anywhere near by pre-pregnancy weight.

I will get there and so will you. Take it one day at a time and if you need any support, friend me.

I hope this helps.

That helped a lot! Doctors thought I had asthma, but months later, and many tests later, tests show I do not show signs of asthma. This is after being on inhalers for months. It ended up being panic attacks. Anyways, my chest started to hurt bad back in March....and after more and more tests, it turns out my cartilae in my ribs and chest is inflamed. It has been a looong 6 months, and I am finally at a point where I can work out again without my chest hurting.

When it's hard to breath, it's hard to make it through the day and work, losing weight ( and not gaining) was the last thing on my mind, and now I have a ton of work to do to get rid of it!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am not going to tell you not to be sad because you need to feel what's going on inside you. My weight and health problems made me sad for years and I still get that way sometimes.

I am happy to know that doctors are finally starting to diagnose your problems for what they are and now that they have you will be able to get back on track physically and emotionally. I am proud of you for being honest about your feelings, when you're not it only hurts you. You will concur this and I will be right here in your corner!
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    so sorry! i hope you find your mojo again soon! just take it one day at a time.
  • patricklee5150
    Options
    Hi, I woke up this morning and weighed in like I do every morning and found that I am the same weight as yesterday. I was feeling pretty sad too. I started dieting back in January and by July 14, I had lost 24 pounds. And I wasn't really trying, you know? Just cut out the sweets (Little Debbie was my best friend) and reduced my soda intake. Then I started this program and lost 20 pounds in a month...I still have quite a ways to go but the reason I was feeling sad and frustrated is that for the past 3 weeks I just keep losing and regaing the same 3-5 pounds and am afraid I have hit a point where I won't be able to lose anymore and that upsets me so much because I still have this belly fat that I hate and it's the main thing I want to lose. I have been walking 2-3 miles a day too! But, you knhow what? We both need to hang in there...I wish you the best of luck. I pray you are feeling better. :smile:
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's fine to feel sad. I get depressed sometimes because of my weight. I've been heavy all my life and this year I decided enough was enough. I vowed to eat right and workout. I was really excited to join this site so I could keep track of everything and not have an excuses. Then I come to find out I need to take a steroid medication to control my asthma. What was one of the main side effects of this steroid? WEIGHT GAIN! I've been on it for over a year and eventually I'll be off of it completely but I can't tell you how upsetting it was when I gained 20+ pounds despite my healthy habits. It kills me sometimes to see everyone else loosing weight and my weight doesn't want to change. I know how frustrating it is but I still have to try and take it one day at a time. I do wish you the best and I'm sure this slump you are in will go away soon. You can do this!!!! :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    hugs. i know what you are going thru.