What to do with ground beef?

Options

Replies

• Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do with it, please, PLEASE don't rinse it. EVER.

lmbo! I did that ONCE and it was soooo nasty tasting :((
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Scramble it all in a pan with garlic and onion (powder or fresh minced) and black pepper and use it for taco salad (yum) or American chop suey. I add overcooked zucchini to mine for the veggie component and to cut back on pasta portion. I also throw burgers on the grill and eat one with A - 1 steak sauce and ketchup like a steak - no bun.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Make chili, sloppy joes and freeze in seperate containers for quick future meals.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options

lmbo! I did that ONCE and it was soooo nasty tasting :((

People actually rinse ground beef? Why would you do that?

To the OP:

Ground beef has to be one of the most versatile ingredients ever. Easiest is burgers. Then there's tacos, chilis, casseroles, meatballs, meatloaf, shepherd's pie (traditionally lamb, but works with beef)... the list is endless.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Basgetti!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    TACOS! :D
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mix together 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp Sriracha, and 1 tbsp water. Brown the ground beef, drain, then add the Sriracha mixture and cook until the water evaporates. Use it as filling for lettuce wraps.

It's also good with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (mix that in last).
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sloppy joes, BBQ beef (ground beef mixed with some BBQ sauce, so good), spaghetti with meat sauce or meatballs, chili, burgers, meatloaf, etc.

One of my favorites is to cook ground beef and mix it with a box of macaroni and cheese of your choosing (the kraft blue box type of box works well), a small amount of milk for the cheese sauce (leave out the butter), and a can of rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with green chilis) mixed with some cumin and chili powder to taste.. Easy and awesome tasting, not so bad if eaten in moderation (I use 90% or higher lean ground beef). My husband loves this one and requests it at least once a month. Actually having it tomorrow night for dinner using Trader Joe's gluten free rice pasta macaroni and cheese. We call it Beefy macaroni.
  • marcimlarson
    Options
    Tyler Florence's favorite from Marin Joes he selected on the "Best Thing I Ever Ate" show.......itsa local place he eats at and the dish was sauteed onions, ground beef, spinach and eggs. It is a simple skillet dish. First brown chopped sauteed onions and ground beef together. When browned, then add a serving of cooked spinach to the skillet and crack and scramble two eggs completely into the dish. Salt & pepper to taste. Plate and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Takes 10 minutes!
  • mangobed
    mangobed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Something quick. Sloppy Joe's. They you can freeze it for later also. :happy:
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    EAT IT.

HAHA
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Taco Salads! (It's what's for dinner over here!)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You guys? I think she already ate it. That was several days ago about a week?
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Who rinses ground beef?
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    TACOS!!!
  • Jean2666
    Jean2666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make meatloaf and put in muffin tins for individual portions, freeze what is leftover for a quick meal another time!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Throw a burger on the grill.....add some cheese and bacon...maybe some avocado...then I'll be over shortly to devour it.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

IDK it's Costco so its good.
    [/quote]

Hahahahaha - NO, most likely full of e.coli - cook it until it's well done !
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You guys? I think she already ate it. That was several days ago about a week?

It was pretty damn good. :happy: I dont remember what I did. I think I took a combo of the suggestions.