To eat or not to eat?

Options
On any given day without watching my calories I can eat anywhere from 3,000 calories-plus. When I write down what I plan to eat (calorie count) or use MFP I am more cautious to what I eat and how much I eat. So the problem is I set my goal for at least 1200 calories a day,( I will eat more if I am hungry). So when I plan out my meals to 1200 Calories, I cant seem to even eat most of the food on my log. I get to around 900-1000 calories and I am full, and the idea of eating more makes me sick. So what should I do? just eat what I can or make myself eat to my goal calories?

Replies

• Remex5452
    Remex5452 Posts: 12
    Options
    anyone? any help will do :)
  • danielegabaree
    Options
    Depends on what types of food you are eating and the frequency of your meals....
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement protein shakes and nuts should help you get to the number you want.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Going from 3000 to 1200 is going to be an adjustment. I would plan your meals to meet your calorie goals. Get lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Get some lean protein too. Just plan carefully 1200 calories is enough as long as you are eating healthy foods. It doesn't give room for fast foods, fatty foods, or foods loaded with sugar.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On any given day without watching my calories I can eat anywhere from 3,000 calories-plus. When I write down what I plan to eat (calorie count) or use MFP I am more cautious to what I eat and how much I eat. So the problem is I set my goal for at least 1200 calories a day,( I will eat more if I am hungry). So when I plan out my meals to 1200 Calories, I cant seem to even eat most of the food on my log. I get to around 900-1000 calories and I am full, and the idea of eating more makes me sick. So what should I do? just eat what I can or make myself eat to my goal calories?
    Oops I misread this. I would never eat if I wasn't hungry. If the idea of eating more makes you sick then that means don't eat.
  • Remex5452
    Remex5452 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    1200 seems too low for you.

Read these links and add more calorie dense food to reach your goal if you are struggling (oils, nuts, seeds, avocado)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    If you're working out, you need to have more than 1,200 calories a day. If not, your body starts to pump off extra hormones that cause weight gain. What are you doing for exercise?