My Typical Day...

Options
Hello beautiful people! So i need advice...
I don't like eating back my exercise calories.

On a typical day, I eat fairly healthily despite a small, high-calorie snack of junk food. When I complete my calorie intake for the day and have about 200-400 extra calories from exercise, should I eat back those calories with healthy fruits or should I not eat anything more so that I can avoid eating back my exercise calories?

I know that the more of something you have, the more you like it. Therefore, the more healthy food I have, the more comfortable I will get with it. For example, today I finished my exercise calories with fruit.

What are your suggestions? Eat or save?
Thanks!(x

Replies

• TimeForTheseMuscles1
    Options
    Both work, :) If your hungry after a workout, go and eat a salad or some protien. And if not, then drink water and your ready to go, xD
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? Then eat. If not? Then don't. Follow your hunger signals, especially if you already know how to eat healthy. It's usually your best indicator.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    MFP has you set at a deficit already, so when you burn calories, you create an even larger deficit. What a lot people don't understand is that by eating back your exercise calories, you're just getting back to your original DEFICIT. Eat them if you're hungry, but if you're not, then don't. You can always "save" them for the weekend or something:drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You look tiny in your profile pic, op, are you sure you should even be trying to lose weight ??
  • apoorvasaur
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Bump!(:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not burning a crazy high amount of calories it's ok to not eat them back if you don't want to.
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? Then eat. If not? Then don't. Follow your hunger signals, especially if you already know how to eat healthy. It's usually your best indicator.

This!
  • apoorvasaur
    Options
    Bump!(:
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Just depends what my food plan is for the day. It all evens out for me :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Have you considered setting your account to maintenance and just using your exercise to make your calorie deficit? Your ticker shows you only have 2 lbs to lose and you'll be moving that way soonish anyway.